You are not logged in.

#1 18-01-11 21:11:19

squizz

use of mirrors and emergency stop

I've got my check test soon and have noticed on here that the examiners don't like doing manos. Would it still be ok to do one. I also wondered if they would hate doing an emergency stop as I feel quite happy doing that for my first go at it.

18-01-11 21:11:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: use of mirrors and emergency stop

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 18-01-11 21:50:14

adi
Verified Member
Website

My own opinion mind but, I personally wouldn't want to sit in the back of a car repeatedly head butting the seat in front of me, which is how it might go if you choose a heavy right footed drver! big_smile big_smile big_smile

#3 18-01-11 21:58:01

squizz

mmm I was wondering about that too - really dont know what to do - the nerves are getting in the way. neutral

#4 18-01-11 22:01:48

c-way
Verified Member
Website

I agree with adi, it's a good lesson to do but maybe not on a check test. Thinking about the core comps I would find it a lot more relaxing for me and my pupil continuing with their lesson structure on some elements that they need improving on rather than starting a skill for the first time.  You know what your pupil can do well and what they need further help with.

Best wishes for your check test.

Caroline  smile

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#5 18-01-11 22:12:42

adi
Verified Member
Website

Look into a couple of hours check test training? Worth the money, especially if you are graded a 5 or 6. That way you can enjoy a few years gap in between tests and be left alone! :afro:

What do you really, really enjoy teaching?

You will perform better, and come across more energetic and effective if you are teaching a subject that gets your juices flowing. Better to do that than go for the 'safe' options.

Some years ago for a check test, i took a new driver on the motorway as it's a subject i love. It all went a bit haywire with the driver getting slightly 'stressed'! She nearly wiped the three of us out more than once, and it took all my experience to keep control!! (including full on dual control braking at 70ish!)

However, i was in my element and i did the best job i could do. I was given a 5 which kept me happy, especially when i thought i would be given a 1 for the dual control incident (long story!).

#6 18-01-11 22:19:43

c-way
Verified Member
Website

now that sounds like fun  big_smile   so come on then, what was the dual incident   lol

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#7 19-01-11 07:21:45

adi
Verified Member
Website

On the D/C on the way to the motorway (BUsier than usual). Very long straight followed by an uphill bank with a left bend.
Approaching the bank ahead there was a lorry just disappearing out of view, i commented on the fact that the bank will cause large vehicles to slow and we need to be prepared to change lanes.
As we reached bank i could see a car approaching from behind topping at least 100 judging by its gain and the amount of crap coming out of the back of it (Road sometimes used to break land speed records (Unofficial)).
Whilst pointing this out as we are now climbing and negotiating bend, a stationary tractor with the largest turnip filled trailer was just sitting there in the left lane, not even at the edge of the road. We could not pull out thanks to the Astra that was now almost upon us and clearly nowhere to go. I had to break hard and grab steering (pupil was a waste of time from leaving the test centre).
The Astra overtakes, i put it into 2nd and steered right and told her to floor it.
It felt like the worst scenario possible without forsight and planning but trust me the situation offered little choice.
Although i feared the worst the examiner commended me for the actions and agreed it was most unexpected and couldnt be dealt with any other way. this was true but when your there in the middle of a check test it wasn't great!!

Board footer