You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 13-03-04 22:19:08

Lynne
Verified Member

Re: Smoking whilst Driving

But from the sound of it, it was for the instructors bennefit not the pupils, a different kettle of fish I think!

Nah fillet o'fish Liesa  lol

Lynne

13-03-04 22:19:08

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 22-04-04 21:34:55

Mike Geary

Hi Every 1

er... er...... lieas. It wernt me was it A to Z ing, coz I aint been that long on the block?

But Back to the "Main" topic.
   There are lots of things "we" do when driving,
1. Smoking
2. eating  & or Drinking
3 Changing tapes/ CDs/ radio channel
4, poping a sweet into the mouth
5 Listening (Not just hearing)  to the radio ect
6 Having a conversation
7 Having an argument with others in the car
8 Looking at girls or boys
9 looking at ........ houses, cars .......
10. phones/ (Coppers use "phones when Driving don't they!!)
Where will the list end?  at 99?

all can distract/ divide attention

But, most of these may done with care and attention, to what is happening around, + disideing when IS NOT A GOOD TIME to do.....

If you Look Access Deside Act (LADA) upon what U see infront & behind, this should tell U  Yes / No I can't do .........

There are lots of you out there disagreeing with what I've said!

When I was a Truck Driver , if the Phone rang, I'd LADA  & if not safe to answer I wuold Not!!
And then when I did, I would triple my mirror + add extra forward work, knowing that my attention is being divided, if the question was a very simple answer I'd give it. if not I'd say  I'll pull up in ..........minuites time and tell who ever to ring back then.

to me this is a "RESPONSIBLE" way to do it, and to prove a point,
   I herd a program on radio 4 a while ago, on about "Phones" and this was  seeing how people react when using phone when driving. (in a simulator)

Most people (90%) tried to carry on the call , no matter how hard it got.
& their attention on mirrors droped off to next to NOWT + checking ahead "went " as well.

This makes your Point, for 90 %, and that is why "Phones" are now band
except............

So, Going Back again, What Can be Band? and what cannot.... realisticly.
Should Pedestrians be stopped using "Phones" when walking?

I've seen many just step in to the Road without looking anywhere at all!
causing RTAs or very near misses.

And going off on another tangent? Women when crossing a road with push chairs will shove the chair into the road between a couple of parked cars, with the "Chair (+kid) sticking out 3feet, to get a better view, but what could happen to the "Kid"......RTA........ Hospital or worse?????

It is all about being "responsible"  & Most people CANNOT do this,
and THat is why we have to have the "LAW"  to say what can or CANNOT be!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just look at the way Kids are taught to X a Rd at school, & the how parents are in a hurry do it.?????!!!?????..............

I could Go ON  & On   & on  = Being responsible again........................

Mike Geary

#28 22-04-04 23:23:01

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Things are getting a little OTT, I think a lot of it is down to the driver to be in control of the car at all times and not the law watching every thing we do.

Can we still open a window while driving ?

We wont be able to scratch out nose in time to come !

Driver's who passed there test years back and ain't got a clue about new road signs Roundabouts etc etc need training, I feel we should get that done first of all, It would save a lot of people !

Bob, Mike, couldn't agree more !

#29 26-04-04 23:08:14

Mike Geary

Thanks Bob

Your Input seames to be the same as mine!

"Live & drive"  In the "Real World"  Not, just the "DSA's Ivory Tower"

"Come ON U ADIs out there"     
                                       "DO some teaching for the "REAL WORLD"
  and not get on your "HIGH" horse!   of what is & what Is not correct.
Coz, when your "Pup" has "PASSED"      They need these things, to know
  WHEN, WHAT, & HOW at the best time, to do it,   coz, they R gona do it anyway, so TEACH when is the best time, as apose to "Don'T coz, that wont happen, when U ain't THERE!!

POINT MADE!      WE R Not The DSA( Dam. Stupid. Ar**Holes.) (I.T.)

Mike Geary.  ADI No. 212259. I'm not afraid to make my point, REAL DRIVING,

B4 NoooOOOOooooowwwWWWWWwwwwwwwww>>>>>.......>... . .   .  . . .. .

#30 26-04-04 23:39:09

jonks

I am now a non smoker of three years. but I have been driving for 13 years (Clue to my age).

I can remember many times where I got smoke in my eyes and couldn't see the road for at least five seconds. A couple of times on the motorwy where five seconds could easily be 4 seconds too much.

Also, I remember dropping a fag into the footwell of my new Audi A4 and being so worried about my carpet that I slammed on the brakes, let go of the wheel and ducked under to rescue the Fag. Strange really as the ash all over the dash board, carpet, seats etc. didin't bother me.

I say....

DON'T SMOKE!!!

and definately DON'T SMOKE WHILST DRIVING!

You will save yourself money in magic tree's too  smile

Board footer