You are not logged in.

#1 10-05-05 18:02:01

lewis12

passed part 3

Passed part three today. first go, got a 5/6.

Missed out the week before due to instructors car having no tax. Had PST 2 for that one. Thought great, easily do this then it all went pear shaped with the tax.

Today got PST 10. Great I thought, phase 1 bound to be meet, cross. Have been told they tend to give that for phase 1. On the walk to the car he tells me we're doing overtake and adequate clearance. Oh sh*t! From there i just winged it. Knew the stuff, just hadn't put much thought into it as every one local said I probably wouldnt get that (hmm a lesson to be learned there)

When we got to the dual carriage way, he was sat at 60, found out he'd never done duals before, after a bit of confidence building got up to 70 ready to overtake some cars, wouldn't you know it they all come off at the next exit. Didn't get to do an overtake (although he said i'd covered the theory very well)

Apart from that everything else went swimmingly. And I must say a big thanks to all the positive advice i've read on the forum, especially Dash driving, really made a difference to my attitude when I read the post on part 3. Makes you realise there really is a lot of stuff the books don't tell you.

Sorry for the long post. I'll wrap it up now by saying contrary to what some PDI's have heard, and what some trainering organisations have told you the part 3 exam really is great fun, go out there and enjoy it.

Remember, you are unique. Just like everyone else.

10-05-05 18:02:01

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: passed part 3

#2 10-05-05 18:37:48

luchell

WOW! what a fantastic result. im glad to hear it can be fun if youre ready and know you're stuff. im looking forward to mine even though ive got three months on a pink to go before it lol
bet you'll be celebrating big style tonight lol  lol

#3 10-05-05 19:01:16

lewis12

Cheers. Oh yes there's gonna be a big party tonight (designated drivers on cola of course) the rest of us will be getting sh**faced.  tongue

Up until a month or so ago, i wasn't really looking forward to the test. Heard all the horror stories, then I read dashes post, kinda put it into perspective. decided to focus on me and how I talk, and get people to really take in what i'm saying. After that it all fell into place.

You're on a pink (I wasn't, kinda wish I had been) so you do know your stuff, you can communicate, I'm sure, so you've got no worries. I bet you'll pass first time. Good luck with it. smile

#4 10-05-05 19:21:10

Rob
Verified Member
Website

Well done on passing 5/6 a brilliant result.

I must say though that it was very unprofessional for you to be sent for a test with no tax. I hope you were suitably compensated for cost of retest etc.

#5 10-05-05 19:23:13

mags
Verified Member

Fantastic 5/6 really good result, yea ive read dash driving stuff really makes you look differently about things, looking forward to taking my part 3 soon.
well done again ADI lewis12
Mags big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

#6 10-05-05 19:34:03

lewis12

cheers all for the replies.

Yeah rob bit naughty, but im a philosophical guy, took it in my stride and thought by having an extra week I can only get better. Who knows that week could have been the diffence between a pass and a fail? wink

In fairness it was a hire can and the company admitted to a cock-up. The car was declared off road, so no tax reminder would have been sent. Got fully re-imbursed, so no worries. I'm a laid back, cool kinda guy (just as well really in this job!) so I just let everything ride 8)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 11-05-05 13:14:08

Lynne
Verified Member

5/6 first time THAT'S BRILLIANT!! 

WELL DONE!

Lynne

#8 11-05-05 14:38:03

Harmony

Well done, very impressive.

An inspiration to us "newbies" lol

#9 11-05-05 16:54:31

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

What a result!!!! well done
Alex

#10 11-05-05 17:03:46

VandADI
Administrator

What a result, CONGRATULATIONS  big_smile
VandADI

#11 11-05-05 18:06:29

Crane
Verified Member
Website

Congratulations! What a fantastic result!

[advice i've read on the forum, especially Dash driving,]

Where can I find it? 

Crane

I'm sure you can do it,too!

#12 11-05-05 18:47:54

Elite ADI
Verified Member
Website

Excellent!! well done!!

Enjoy the feeling!! and hope the hangover tomorrow isn't too bad!

#13 11-05-05 21:36:20

lewis12

Thank you all so much for all the encouraging replies. I've still got a great big grin on my face.

Hey Harmony, where in South Wales are you from. I'm a Merthyr boy, now living in Plymouth. :?

Crane the post you need is linked below. Its  on a different forum though. On the search option in this forum, in the box for author type dashdriving.com, this brings up all of the topics, and they are all gems. Anything posted by jeni is also worth a good read.

www.worlddrivingschools.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=386

And no I won't have a hangover tomorrow, who says i'll be finished by then!! :twisted:

#14 12-05-05 17:01:03

dashdriving.com
Website

lewis12 ,

Well done!

What a fantastic result. We're all really pleased for you!!

Thanks very much indeed for mentioning that the posts have helped you. It sometimes takes hours answering e-mails and questions on here, so it's a great feeling for people like Jeni and I to know that we've been of some help.

There is some truly superb advice on these forums, you just have to dig it out!

Any excuse for a party, so I feel it would be rude of the Dash team to not go out and celebrate for you.

Cheers!

Dave Hartley
ADI Trainer for Dash driving

www.dashdriving.com

you never do anything wrong,
you just find new ways of not doing it right.

#15 13-05-05 20:03:56

bertie

Well done! what an excellent result! I have my part 3 on July 7th boy would it be brill to get that sort of score - but i'll be happy just to pass!

You should be very proud. Good luck in the future.

Board footer