You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 19-11-10 23:19:07

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

Re: When can I start training PDIs?

A jar of Pickled onions by Haywards is 99p on a tescos shelf, theres another identical jar next to it for 59p.
Which one do you go for?

The problem is so obviously simple, and i as most others see it everyday, most people have to buy the cheap one first to see how crap it is before theyll consider the expensive one. Pupils will never understand about quality instructors, fortunately PDI's are now realising.

Cheap pickles that are good quality will always sell like 'hot cakes'

LOL - Quite right, quality, attention to detail, approach, experience and understanding of the subject - a life long lesson in doing things properly. 

It worked for me......

Fleet Training
Iain Moore ADI Grade A, Fleet, RoSPA Tutor, DIAmond Ad, MSA National B Race License, EST Reg
fleet@learnmooredriving.co.uk 07999 992141

19-11-10 23:19:07

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 18-12-10 21:22:40

WillyO

I have noticed on the Forum that regardless of individuals experience just about everyone is Quote, " Recognised Adi/Pdi Trainer ", How can this be? We have Ordit, if you are "RECOGNISED" but not Ordit recognised. Just who has recognised these individuals as legitimate Adi/Pdi Trainers? I was always under the impression that the job of the Adi was viewed as a Professional. Therefore, professional training should be the absolute minimum given. NOT, by someone just recently qualifying as an Adi. yikes

A wise man does not need advice, But, only a fool won't take it.   Miam, DIAmond Advanced Test, DIAmond Special Test.

#28 18-12-10 21:32:15

on board training

Hi,

I am sure someone else can correct me if I am wrong but I thing it is Recognised ADI or PDi or Trainer.

Brian

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#29 18-12-10 21:39:26

WillyO

OOPS!! have I gaffed or is it just the way its laid out under the individuals name.

Hi,

I am sure someone else can correct me if I am wrong but I thing it is Recognised ADI or PDi or Trainer.

Brian

A wise man does not need advice, But, only a fool won't take it.   Miam, DIAmond Advanced Test, DIAmond Special Test.

#30 18-12-10 21:54:05

VandADI
Administrator

I have noticed on the Forum that regardless of individuals experience just about everyone is Quote, " Recognised Adi/Pdi Trainer ", How can this be? We have Ordit, if you are "RECOGNISED" but not Ordit recognised. Just who has recognised these individuals as legitimate Adi/Pdi Trainers? I was always under the impression that the job of the Adi was viewed as a Professional. Therefore, professional training should be the absolute minimum given. NOT, by someone just recently qualifying as an Adi. yikes

In answer to your question WillyO, this is purely a "forum thing" whereby "recognised" means that this forum member has submitted formal identification to myself to verify they are a PDI/ADI or indeed a trainer. It was not necessary to include Ordit registered in this category.
The reason for the formal identification is to allow the forum member into our "private access area" which is not publically viewable unless you have access to it.

I am open to suggestion WillyO if you feel this could be better worded to differentiate between genuine members of the driver training industry and learner drivers.

#31 19-12-10 11:53:29

WillyO

Hi VandADI, I understand now the way you have explained it. But, i'm sure you will appreciate how i read it ( and totally got the wrong end of the stick ) :oops: As for re-wording ? Maybe, not all on the same line, Adi Trainer....Adi....Pdi , possibly using traffic light system. Only an idea. Never mind my moans, Great Forum keep up the good work. WillyO. smile

#32 18-03-11 11:11:03

ratty

I've just had a read through this and I'm interested in the comments about Ordit recognised and ADI grading and would like to add my comments.

I've only ever see one ADI who I knew to be Ordit registered perform and I and others walked out of his presentation because it was so embarrassing to see and hear. I have no doubt that some other members are very good. In my experience Ordit membership certainly does not guarantee quality.

I am a grade 6 and have been since my first check test. I have only ever taught one person to drive from scratch and that was to help me with my pt3 test preparation, does my grade 6 mean that I can teach novice drivers to a high standard? Probably not.

#33 19-03-11 06:55:38

may
Verified Member

I know of a grade 6 instructor who was downgraded to a 4 because of a spat. It does happen.

#34 19-03-11 07:01:14

ADI Education
Verified Member
Website

I know of a grade 6 instructor who was downgraded to a 4 because of a spat. It does happen.

Does it??? How can you prove that??

Or perhaps their performance on the day warranted a grade 4

I am a former Police Driving Instructor and Ex DSA ADI examiner. My qualifications include: BTEC Level 4 Police Driving Skills, BTEC Level 3 in Teaching Advanced driving, NVQ A1 Assessors awrard, DIAmond advanced test, RoSPA gold, Cardington A. I am a grade 6 DSA Instructor, fleet trained and a Class 1 Police Driver. www.janeclarkedrivinginstructortraining.co.uk

#35 19-03-11 07:08:06

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Yes it certainly does happen.   And without any hope of being able to challenge or appeal a decision those responsible know they can get away with it.

Even murderers have a right to appeal, but not ADIs.

#36 19-03-11 08:10:37

may
Verified Member

may wrote:

Does it??? How can you prove that??

Or perhaps their performance on the day warranted a grade 4

I heard the argument and the SE was far from professional.

#37 19-03-11 19:57:36

gadgetdriver
Website

Phew. Just read the entire thread, and my two-pence worth ...

(I'm not just talking about ADIs and trainers here, but it certainly applies)

1) There are highly qualified people who really care about what they do, and will seek all relevant qualifications to show they care.
2) There are highly qualified people who get the qualifications just for gain, and who will do the job however they want to.
3) There are those with few qualifications who care just as much as (1) and can do the job just as well.
4) There are those with few qualifications who just don't give a ****.

I'd take attitude and experience over qualifications, but presented with someone who has both, I'd choose them over someone unqualified.

ADI since 2004.
Producer of animated and printed briefing materials.
www.drivertrainingacademy.com

Board footer