You are not logged in.

#1 27-11-10 10:15:47

boozer

Getting Fleet Work Independently

I recently qualified for the fleet register and would like some advice on getting work independently.
My accountant advised me that membership of the Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire Chamber of Commerce might be a good idea has they run networking events and will be able to give you lists of potential clients that you can then contact directly.I have joined and have so far attended 3 events but to no avail. I have obtained a list of 136 companies from the Chamber and have made contact with a few of them and the response is that they already have a provider or that they are not interested and understand the implications but are prepared to take the risk.I can to a degree understand this risk taking approach, I have a friend that is an electrician and he said that household electrics should be inspected regularly but how many people do?
I know it's early days, 3 networking events and a few phone calls is not much but does anyone have any advice, I'm not keen on working for someone else I might just as well teach learners and earn £100-£150/day, I want to generate my own work at the going rate £250-£350/day.
Advice please.

Dip.DI
Rospa Gold
Diamond Advanced Special Test
City & Guilds 7303
Fleet

27-11-10 10:15:47

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Getting Fleet Work Independently

#2 05-12-10 23:13:53

storminnorman
Verified Member
Website

I think you will be very lucky to get much fleet work independently at the sort of rates that you are hoping for.  I dont think even the big players are inundated with work at the moment.   

ADI Grade 6
DSA Fleet Register
Qualified PCV Instructor
SAFED Bus & Coach / LGV / Aggregates Trainer
Driver CPC Periodic Training Centre
IAM Member: Motorcycle/Car/Commercial Vehicle

#3 06-12-10 16:46:53

boozer

Thanks for the advice.I am new to Fleet and I don't want to undercut, so it was just a ball-park figure.
What rate do you suggest?
Any more advice please.

Dip.DI
Rospa Gold
Diamond Advanced Special Test
City & Guilds 7303
Fleet

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 06-12-10 19:04:58

johnnyfr
Verified Member
Website

Boozer,
I charge the low end of what you quoted and find myself busy.

However, you are right, a few phone calls isn't going to crack it.

Keep at it. Do as much as you can and you will get lucky eventually.
One slice of luck will lead to another and then you'll be away.

Don't be put off by this recession crap either.
Some firms are struggling, yes. But there are thousands out there who are doing very well indeed.

Even if they aren't, £250 a day is peanuts. Unless you make it sound expensive, of course!

DSA ADI (car) -- DSA Fleet Driver Trainer [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk/grade6adi.php]Grade 6[/URL] -- ORDIT Registered Trainer
Level 4 PTLLS, Rospa Gold, NVQ Level 3 Driving Instruction, A1 Assessors Award, [URL=http://www.brake.org.uk]Brake[/URL] Road Safety Ambassador, DIA Taxi Trainer.
Visit us for [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk]Driving Lessons[/URL] or [URL=http://www.accufleet.co.uk]Fleet Driver Training[/URL]

Board footer