You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 20-07-07 11:13:18

keefidee
Verified Member
Website

Re: Ford Focus

Have a new Fiesta 1.4 diesel as school car. Pupils love it, very forgiving and much more economical than the Fiesta 1.25 petrol it replaced. Reasonably comfortable and space is OK in the front, rear seems a little cramped however. Usual occasional baulks when selecting reverse gear. So far so good.

Also have a new shape Focus as a family car. Comfortable, roomy, no great problems apart from disliking the offset handbrake and I am undecided about the rear and 3/4 vision from the driving seat.

Hope this helps.

20-07-07 11:13:18

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 20-07-07 12:39:52

MsZetec2.0

I learned in a new shape Focus and thought visibility could have been better. The old shape Focus had better visibility. The rear pillars in the new shape are much wider, found it very difficult to parallel park. Also had problems with the pillars around the windscreen, they can obscure your view of the edge of roundabouts, clipped one once coz I couldn't see it properly. Blind spot not too bad tho. Brilliant car tho, really loved the engine in it a 1.8 TDCi and very stable cornering. Don't know what the Fiesta is like in comparison.

And I get scared but I'm not crawling on my knees...

http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/index.p … ral/26123/

May all your crossroads be signposted.

#28 20-07-07 12:55:25

bobbycat
Verified Member

pretty similar to malc really.  recently changed from a new shape focus petrol to a fiesta tdci.  as far as teaching is concerned the fiesta is better as it is smaller with better visibility out of the rear window.  the focus has quite poor visibility because of the big door pillars.  not a lot of leg room in the back of the fiesta but would seat two children fairly comfortably.  diesel much more economical than the petrol by the way about 52mpg.  3 door option not ideal if you are having people in the back on a regular basis though.  all in all though would recommend the fiesta for teaching as i am getting mine replaced with another one.  roll

#29 20-07-07 13:10:23

pj
Verified Member

Having driven both cars I certainly rate the fiesta as a better car to teach in than the focus, although I had the focus as a company car before I became an instructor I used to have great difficulty parking the blooming thing. Now I have taught in both the pertrol and diesel versions and diesel is so much better. If you need it as a family car too then go for the 5 door, I have a 3 door manual & 5 door auto. It's rare we all go out together as a family now but if we do then we use the auto.

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#30 20-07-07 16:58:30

Colin Martin
Verified Member
Website

The Fiesta would be a much cheaper option to buy but residual price would be less. Pretty much swings and roundabouts really.

When I bought my 3 year old Focus Zetec auto at the auctions a couple of months ago it cost £4500 with 20000 miles on the clock. The 3 year old Focusses were going for £4500 to £5500 depending on spec. Fiestas were only about £500 down on these prices. Not being fully conversant with new car prices (I am afraid I would rather eat my shoes than buy a new car) I guess the Focus is about 30% more new than a Fiesta so the Fiesta stands up as holding value better, however, it is getting long in the tooth now so a new model could hit future values soon.

Colin Martin
The Bright Red L http://thebrightredl.com
Instructor Apps http://drivinginstructorapps.co.uk
Apps Video channel https://www.youtube.com/colinbythesea

#31 20-07-07 19:57:54

Lily-Anne
Verified Member
Website

I couldn't wait to see the back of my new Fiesta last year, I traded it in at six months old.  It was 1.25 zetec and as previously mentioned, it isn't very economical, but I have to admit having had Clio's and a 206, it didn't wear as well.

Not sure about the diesel version, now I've gone diesel I'd not go back, but really miss the oomph of petrol even though it's quite torquey.

http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk
BA, Dip Di, Cardington 'A', NLP Practitioner using coaching as a life skill.
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#32 03-12-10 23:36:10

Gears Ahead

focus 1.6 titanium.
very good car, never been uncomfortable no matter how long the day has been. very heavy on petrol, normally 28 ish mpg. If you keep reseting it you can get low 30's and if you really try hard high 30's. on a busy week ive used £150 of fuel.
Rear view is very difficult for shorter pups but it can accomodate any size person. I am constantly aware of leaving my leg too close to the handbrake as its on the passenger side, and as said before, some people can have trouble releasing it. the best engine was about 3 years ago with good all round power but the new one's have no torque so early gear changes on hills pose a problem. reverse gear never likes going in, I always keep the pressure on the stick and as you lift the clutch it pops in nicely. spacial awareness is a big problem but they do get used to it, and I find that people are put off by the "thought" of the size but love driving the car. Its a good family car but only comes with iso fix if it has been asked for from new, and the same with turning off the passenger air bag. The best thing for me on the titanium is the upgrade on the radio. if you like your music its worth it.

Carl

Board footer