You are not logged in.

#1 25-10-10 18:53:53

ozzie

Has anyone else had trouble getting a refund from Red ?

Hey
I recently signed with Red then changed my mind within the 7 day cooling off period only to find that the money had been taken and now Red are making it very difficult to get it back. Anyone else had this problem and if so what was the outcome?

25-10-10 18:53:53

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Has anyone else had trouble getting a refund from Red ?

#2 25-10-10 22:58:30

Evan
Administrator

How come you paid your money within the 7 day cooling off period Ozzie. I was of the opinion no monetary transactions take place until after the 7 days and both parties are happy with the arrangement.

#3 26-10-10 07:37:52

jonsmithuk
Verified Member

write to Ann Robinson. Watchdog love these firms, especially with tv ad campaigns running.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 26-10-10 07:47:54

ozzie

How come you paid your money within the 7 day cooling off period Ozzie. I was of the opinion no monetary transactions take place until after the 7 days and both parties are happy with the arrangement.

I paid the money because the guy asked for payment,not having done anything like this before i assumed that the money would not be taken until the 7 days were over.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 26-10-10 07:50:05

ozzie

write to Ann Robinson. Watchdog love these firms, especially with tv ad campaigns running.

Thanks for the advice,I have just done that now. Hopefully the programme will be interested.

#6 26-10-10 08:00:14

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

Thanks for the advice,I have just done that now. Hopefully the programme will be interested.

Now just tell RED you've referred them to Watchdog and they'll probably pop your money back pretty quick.  big_smile

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#7 26-10-10 12:19:23

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

Any driver trainer should recognise the need for refund is no training has taken place, if it is in their t&c re 7 days cooling off I'd get it back pronto!

To be fair red are not about quality, but quanity from my experience, stack them high and flood the market with poorly prepared ADI's. Although a few ADI's get an ok trainer from red. Who let them do this to the industry? You could take it up with DSa,

Fleet Training
Iain Moore ADI Grade A, Fleet, RoSPA Tutor, DIAmond Ad, MSA National B Race License, EST Reg
fleet@learnmooredriving.co.uk 07999 992141

#8 01-11-10 14:09:43

tollhgv

Oh my where do I start, I had huge problems over Red and the staff  were they rude to my wife as I hold full job durring daytime . I literally threatened Red with Trading Standards and now have what I was told what I would get for my £3k paid in cash. fIt took a long fight but I perservered and won. Red are well known for giving each student different terms and conditions where I believe it should be the same for all. My contract was totally diferent to what was sold me and this is why I fought tooth n nail to get what I was told in the interview.
However there are now red flags ie  warning signs that all is not well, we meet up for lessons in a car park for a major food retailer drivethrough, which is not very professional and all offices   with exception of one dingy shop back office lol,  are closed in my area so I have to literally speak on the phone to head office., and that is a drag as theyare a law onto themeselves lol
Trying to book my part 2 trst I had my wife phone up DSA and within 5 minutes had a reply however Red are dragging their feet and Im worried sick too that my money is going down the pan esp as Red are not speaking. The instructor I had was sacked whilst training me, how professional is that looking to a student attending the course!!!
I think it is time to start questioning REd again!

#9 07-11-10 20:34:43

J450n

A strongly worded letter threating legal action worked for me when on qualification I was due a cashback offer. Words to the effect of - if I do not receive my money by ( give a date about 4 weeks away) then I will pursue the matter through small claims court - this worked for me and received my money about 2 weeks later ( about a week before they changed hands!!

There is no such word as can't

Board footer