You are not logged in.

#1 20-05-10 08:08:34

mark1968

Citroen C3 (New) or Seat Ibiza

I may be forced to have to look at changing cars after having an accident in mine on test at the weekend. Thankfully it was the other drivers fault.

I was using a fiesta but they have had a couple of price increases since I had purchased mine so I can not afford to replace it like for like.

I am now looking at leasing either the new shape Citroen C3 or a Seat Ibiza. Is anyone using either of these if so please can I have some feed back.

Thanks

20-05-10 08:08:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Citroen C3 (New) or Seat Ibiza

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 19-07-10 21:08:18

asroxx@yahoo.com
Website

I think Seat is the best choice. Citroen use to always have electric problems

#3 15-08-10 11:23:11

Loony
Verified Member

I have been running a fiesta 1.6 titanium for nearly 2 years but I have just ordered a new Ibiza FR 2.0 Tdi in Crono yellow. The fiesta doesn't seem to be as comfy as the Seat. Plus the dealer offer was to good to turn down!

The older I get ..................... The better I was!

#4 15-08-10 11:38:47

robinsamuels
Verified Member
Website

I've known too many people with Citroens who've had problems to ever trust one.

When it gets to the stage of sadobestionecrophilia, give up: Otherwise known as flogging a dead horse!

http://www.robinsdriving.co.uk

#5 15-08-10 15:52:09

finch

I use New shape Seat Ibiza now covered nearly 30000 as of yet no problems and still feels like new, a good al round car for learners and Fleet work.

#6 15-08-10 18:05:46

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

I have a friend who bought a new Citroen C3 and guess what happened within a month... electrical problems!! Why can Citroen not sort their electrics??

Oh, and after they fixed that the brakes intermittently made this horrific grinding noise which they couldn't suss out.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#7 15-08-10 18:18:26

robinsamuels
Verified Member
Website

To give you an example of Citroen electrical issues, I borrowed my father's Xsara Picasso for a trip to Lisbon a couple of Christmas' ago. No problems till about Bordeaux and then the washer motor failed (not good in grotty conditions). We got to northern Portugal late at night and stayed at my in-laws house in the area ready for a last drive down to Lisbon in the morning, with lots of stops on the way to dump bottles of water over the screen.

Come the morning, the auto box wouldn't engage and there were warning lights all over the dash. I spent an hour or so trying everything I could think of, then had to arrange for it to be collected by the local Citroen dealer on a low loader. That was on Christmas eve, the main evening of celebration in Portugal, so great customer service from the dealer.

After about a week, we had a call from the dealer to say they had fixed it. So, we travelled back up north to collect it. The dealer said they had spent about 3 hours looking for a fault and then finally found a fuse placed in the electrics surrounding the box which wasn't shown on any of their workshop manuals. Roughly 80 euros and a week without a car and the problem was fixed with a simple fuse.

The washer problem was a blown relay, again not one shown in the owners manual though it was in the dealers information.

When it gets to the stage of sadobestionecrophilia, give up: Otherwise known as flogging a dead horse!

http://www.robinsdriving.co.uk

#8 01-11-10 20:31:11

Loony
Verified Member

My New Ibiza FR ready for the new year!

The older I get ..................... The better I was!

Board footer