You are not logged in.

#1 31-10-10 23:41:02

Lynne
Verified Member

Fiesta or Corsa?

I will be changing my car soon from a Focus to either a 1.4 Corsa or Fiesta, petrol.  Am looking at probably an 07 with low mileage.  This would however mean an old style Fiesta or a new style Corsa.

Would appreciate any comments on either if you have either or have had either in the past.

Thanks smile

Lynne

31-10-10 23:41:02

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Fiesta or Corsa?

#2 01-11-10 03:41:38

mon
Verified Member
Website

Hi Lynne I instruct in a 2007 (late) Corsa design and really think it is great,pupils all same to think it is cool with the piano black dash.As with most cars it has a few drawbacks,the seats could be more comfortable but add your own cushion to sort that.Mine is only 1.2 petrol so a bit slower on the uptake than the model you are thinking of,and to finish my post the Corsa has not ever been issued with a Recall from Vauxhall.

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 01-11-10 07:08:15

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

finish my post the Corsa has not ever been issued with a Recall from Vauxhall.

I thought there was an ABS recall, steering problem and one for faulty handbrakes. Sorry, I sound like I'm being grumpy!  big_smile

I don't know what to advise, I would prefer a Focus but I guess that doesn't help much.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#4 01-11-10 09:38:05

smithwold
Verified Member
Website

Only certain chassis numbers were involved in the recent recall.

I have always had 1.3 diesel Corsas and yes they are not the most fantastic car around, but as an all rounder that has been voted training car of the year several times recently you cant go too far wrong.
Previous style Fiesta has good all round vision, (something many complain about in the Corsa), but the new style Fiesta has even less vision.
The seats in the Corsa have never been an issue for me.

As always it's a personal decision.

I would suggest trying both, from both seats, including doing manoeuvers and then judging yourself.
Fuel consumption is something to look at also. Don't know about the Fiesta, but a petrol Corsa will average around 35mpg.

Hope this helps.

#5 01-11-10 11:11:57

Lynne
Verified Member

Thanks for the feedback guys.  On the Corsa, do you have trouble seeing the speedo from the passenger side?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 01-11-10 17:24:40

smithwold
Verified Member
Website

On the Corsa, do you have trouble seeing the speedo from the passenger side?

Yes, but as I lease Vx do a software upgrade as part of their driving school package that gives you the speed reading on the centre consol, along with consumption and range left in the fuel tank.
I do know that on the older style Fiesta, seeing the speedo is not a problem.

Board footer