You are not logged in.

#1 24-04-05 18:14:08

skin'n'bone
Verified Member

Income insurance

As a greenhorn ADI, (since 1/2/05), I am still finding my feet in my new career. (but lovin' it !!!) tongue

My first forum question then, is simply this :
where can I go to insure myself against illness preventing me from earning a crust ?

All I want to do is earn a penny more than 'er indoors can spend !!

Skin.

Good luck, good 'elf, an' everyfing y'wish y'self

24-04-05 18:14:08

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Income insurance

#2 24-04-05 18:24:54

sparkle

ohhhhhhhhhh good question!!!!!

anyone know???

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 24-04-05 19:10:00

KevP

HiYa,
On the income insurance bit, Have you looked at the DIA for starters.
www.driving.org
Worth a look and they are industry related so should know what you would need.

#4 24-04-05 19:13:29

Rob
Verified Member
Website

I had income insurance and it was a waste of time and money. It cost £40 a month and provided £181 pw after 1 month on the sick then pay me for 12 months. I reckon i would be better off if i put that £40 per month in a savings account for a rainy day especially as in the last 7 years i have lost 4 days due to sickness.

If you want to check them out i was insured with a company called Cirencester Friendly Society.

#5 24-04-05 19:35:24

galaxy
Website

Try this site, https://protectiononline.co.uk/index.asp?siteID=451            I had one once but never used it so I just save the money myself now
big_smile  big_smile  lol

No Gears No Clutch No Problem !

#6 24-04-05 21:19:13

bertie

Hopefully this can be useful as i used to sell life / protection cover.

From Robs description he had accident and sickness cover which is pretty limited in both the level of cover and term (usually only up to 12 months)

If you get Permanent Health Insurance it is much better cover and is
designed to cover you, usually until your normal retirement age.  The fact that anyone has had it but never needed it is not a reason to stop it. People always need this cover when they don't have it!  Over the many years I was in that industry I saw many instances of this protection being the difference from being ill and broke, and being ill and not having the additional worry of financal disaster.  Your house many never burn down, but only a fool does'nt have household cover.  When I give up the comfort
I have from my current employer in this area I'm damned sure I won't put my income at risk.  Last thing, get an independent adviser, by law they have to advise in your interests, not theirs!

Sorry to go on, but this is so important for self employed people.

cheers

#7 25-04-05 17:34:40

hampshirebabe
Verified Member

If you're with the dia then with this months Driving magazine theres a leaflet about this. They charge from £10.57 a month for £150 accident cover, or from £23.15 for sickness and accident insurance.  and they both pay £25,000 for accidental death, or disablement.
Not lots of info on the sheet, but it looks the best I've seen so far, and I've looked at a fair few.
If youre interested to hear more, (I couldn't find much on the website) the no. is 01832 720000.

#8 25-04-05 20:31:21

poppy

Just researching this myself, i have a company moneyquest very helpful. my contact is philip.loveday@Moneyquest.co.uk, i'm sure he will answer any qustions.

#9 10-05-05 13:41:11

skin'n'bone
Verified Member

Further to my previous post on the above subject, is there anyone out there that has actually CLAIMED on one of these policies ?

How did your claim go ?

Were there any pre-exclusion clauses that caused you a problem ?

Good luck, good 'elf, an' everyfing y'wish y'self

#10 10-05-05 14:24:05

Target
Verified Member
Website

When i was in full time employment the companys had no obligation to pay anything if you were on the sick. Short term sickness of upto 2 weeks you got nothing.

Incidently. Are we entitled to anything from the NH. Is there a minimum fee we are able to claim?

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

Board footer