You are not logged in.

#1 26-10-10 17:58:44

giovanni24
Verified Member

Role play check test

Had a mock role play check test today , did msm & pedestrian crossings . My trainer threw in lots of faults related to chosen subject which i dealt with . Also  a lot of faults not related to my chosen subject which surprised me , is this how its going to be on the day ?

26-10-10 17:58:44

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Role play check test

#2 26-10-10 18:20:50

colin166
Verified Member

In the real world do you stick to the lesson subject or deal with everything else that turns up?
The SE will be looking for a real lesson not like a part 3 test, he/she will expect you to deal with ALL faults and change the lesson plan if necessary.

#3 26-10-10 19:29:24

oz11

Just to add another opinion, I did a role play CT about 3 years ago and chose crossings/MSM.

All the faults were in those areas, mainly MSM stuff.

I didn't necessarily catch 'em all, though that's another story, and why I'm coming round for another one in the not too distant future!  big_smile

#4 26-10-10 22:44:49

leon

I had role play and SE did all posible mistakes so just be flexibile like on real lesson when you see fault fix it.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 28-10-10 08:58:47

samds
Verified Member
Website

On my role play CT the SE threw in lots of faults which had to be prioritised, however, extended test was much more open.  The best advice I can give you is treat the SE like a customer and don't let it slip.  They'll keeping pushing and pushing and you'll start to doubt yourself but trust your own knowledge and skills.  Good luck.

At University studying Humanities with Literature and Music.

http://www.myspace.com/scottmacalister/

#6 03-08-11 23:19:33

phoenixdriving
Verified Member
Website

I did a role play on my last CT, was a good experience, the examiner did normal faults that a learner would make, I did observation at junctions and mirrors was good.

<a href="http://www.PhoenixDriving.org">Driving Lessons Cirencester</a>

<a href="http://www.DunnawaysTaxis.co.uk">Taxi Chichester</a>

#7 04-08-11 07:22:21

driverpete
Verified Member

One thing you can be fairly relaxed about with role play is that the SE ain't gonna crash your car or break the law  wink

RoSPA Gold
Retired RoSPA Approved Tutor
Retired NDAC & NDAS trainer
Retired ADI

#8 04-08-11 13:45:08

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

I prefer role play check tests, just done one this morning and the SE was throwing in faults thick and fast which kept me on my toes. All sorts of faults too!

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 04-08-11 15:19:21

metalmicky
Verified Member
Website

One thing you can be fairly relaxed about with role play is that the SE ain't gonna crash your car or break the law  wink

An instructor local to me had the SE take his door mirror off on a parked car last year.

Just because I'm a driving instructor, it doesn't make me a dual control freak. 
www.way-ahead-driving.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 04-08-11 15:36:23

driverpete
Verified Member

driverpete wrote:

An instructor local to me had the SE take his door mirror off on a parked car last year.

Well I did say FAIRLY relaxed  big_smile

RoSPA Gold
Retired RoSPA Approved Tutor
Retired NDAC & NDAS trainer
Retired ADI

Board footer