You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 06-10-10 18:21:10

samds
Verified Member
Website

Disqualified driver write up

Hi Guys

Been busy doing my music degree so not posted anything for ages, however, I have popped in from time to time for ideas.

Check test letter arrived about 12 weeks ago and immediately decided it would be role play.  I rememberd a post by LA.Mon doing disqualified driver so my descision was to do same and read through her write up which was helpful so I'm now making my contribution.

2.30 test and the centre was full of L tests so parked up outside.  Examiner took me into an office, checked how long I'd been an ADI and how things were going.  He confirmed it was role play and I requested disqualified driver, he then set out what was required.  Off to the car and he gave me the word picture, just like part 3.

Asked few questions about history and what had happended, drink driving!  Wasn't expecting that one, he really was convincingly ashamed.  Explained we would do a short assessment which I suggested would be about 10 minutes and off we went.  I fully expected him not to check blind spots, straight line roundabouts and steer like a van driver but no.  There was a catalogue of faults within 5 minutes and I had to stop it there.

Too close to car in traffic, inconsitant or no mirrors, corner cut, speed on approach turning/emerging not observing correctly as a result and lack of planning leading to him reversing onto a kerb to allow a bus past!  No wonder he hit the drink, LOL!

I prioritised the mirrors, junctions, speed and planning which I coached, but had to be extremely firm as he was a real nutter with the speed.  At the end he decided to throw in adequate clearance but I was genuinely exhausted by that time and decided to just guide him with it to get back to test centre and make it something to work on.

My tips would be to really listen to the word picture and the answers to your questions and be firm.  My guy was a joiner, didn't drive car much, mainly drove work vans so he was always in a rush only using side mirrors. It was all there before he even drove the car.

Grade 5 (6/5/5) which was down to the adequate clearance.  He commented and praised my coaching style which I was very pleased with.

Thanks LA.Mon for your write up, hope this helps someone.

Cheers

Scott

At University studying Humanities with Literature and Music.

http://www.myspace.com/scottmacalister/

06-10-10 18:21:10

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Disqualified driver write up

#2 06-10-10 18:51:34

Luchell
Verified Member

Congrats on your result!  smile smile

#3 06-10-10 19:48:48

Madhatter
Verified Member

Congratulations, I chose the same topic for my 1st CT and got the exact opposite as a driver not sure I would have dealt with your character as well as it sounds like you did.

Well done

Tim Moran - ADI Cornwall - www.timmoranschoolofmotoring.co.uk

#4 07-10-10 18:24:06

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Congratulations, thats a super result.  big_smile big_smile

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

#5 11-10-10 19:51:27

AndyLawton
Verified Member

Got my 1st CT a week on Wed, still not sure what to do or what pupil. Think I'm just gonna leave it and see what student books for that slot and take it from their.
It should be the same for every pupil every lesson not something special for my CT, or is that just being niave !!!!!
Anyway a bit aprehensive about the whole thing but thats natural.
Hope it goes as well as yours did smdtr

Turnover is vanity   -    Profit is sanity

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 11-10-10 20:41:58

samds
Verified Member
Website

Hi Haley, Tim and Cat, thanks and well done yourselves I see you've all been recently.

Got my 1st CT a week on Wed, still not sure what to do or what pupil. Think I'm just gonna leave it and see what student books for that slot and take it from their.
It should be the same for every pupil every lesson not something special for my CT, or is that just being niave !!!!!
Anyway a bit aprehensive about the whole thing but thats natural.
Hope it goes as well as yours did smdtr

Andy, you've got the right idea and ideally that's how it should work, however, in my case this is what I considered.

Time of day was 2.30pm, test centre on busy road - centre of town with major roundabout, school coming out on the hour, pedestrian crossings etc, basically a minefield, explosive to the wrong client!  Do I really want the stress of navigating the busy town while someone watches?  What if no one can manage?  What if they cancel?  More stress!

What is a role play check test?  Basically a part 3 which I control
What do I need to display? Control, learning takes place, levels of instruction and core comps.

I went for role play because it was easy to slot into my diary and disqualified driver was like my last lesson of the day with a client who could handle busy traffic.  The pressure was off and I was able to treat it exactly as you're suggesting but with the advantage of the SE in the front who wasn't going to be nervous throwing a wobbly because they've got an examiner in the back seat.

Consider role play, check back some of the CT posts and read the advice from people like Hector.

Good luck with whatever you do.  Cheers

At University studying Humanities with Literature and Music.

http://www.myspace.com/scottmacalister/

Board footer