You are not logged in.

#1 03-10-10 16:01:31

NatashaGabrielle

My Road to success!

Hello

I had my FIRST part 3 lesson today!! I loved every minute of it! I had read up on my briefings and felt like i knew my stuff, of course when i came to tell my driving instructor as a pupil how to do this i missed a few things out but it was really fun... i will be practicing on my OH hehe!

Moving and Stopping. This was really hard at first but after a few trys i got the hang of things. My pupil (driving instructor) threw in alot of mistakes and took every word i said litrally etc 'look in your mirros' meaning check whats behind and he would stare in his mirrors for AGES making the car come out of normal driving position and go wondering. Also when checking the right blind spot he moved his whole body making him lose the biting point. He also stalled the car when i forgot to tell him to put the clutch down. At one point i forgot to tell him to put it in first gear and tried to make him find the biting point haha. oops!! So i went into great detail of what to do and i seemed to get better at my instruction. It was a fantastic lesson i learnt sooo much. Really happy with it all and i am really excited for my next lesson on sunday.

I had one problem throughout the lesson and that was my learning partner. I have met her a few times during my part 2. She complained about everything during the lesson. If it wasnt about the number of weeks she waited for part 3 it was about the driving instructor who was teaching us only being a grade 4  yikes (which i think is rude of her because he was fantastic) and then she was complaining she did not have a CD player to learn her brifings that the driving school gave us to help us. She was also complaining about her having to put in work for the part 3 and how she didnt have time as she had just started a new job :x. She was complining about how the driving instructor was making to many mistakes for her to correct and she let him know that she had done no homework prior to the lesson. She informed me she was having lessons through another driving school and didnt know how she was going to fit in these driving lessons aswell which made me really concered about where i stood with my lessons as she was my driving partner :x. She told me she was unsure if she was even going to carry on with this driving school. I have had a fantastic time with this driving school and found them very helpful in my instructor training so i was a little upset at her attitude thougout the lesson. She didnt seem to want to put any work in at all and found fault with everything neutral.

I dont know if i have done the right thing but i got back from my lesson and felt very upset and like my driving partner had put a huge dampner on my lesson which i had been so excited about all week and worked so hard for learning all my breifings. I txt and told the driving instructor who owns the driving school of my concerns about what happens if my partner does decide to pull out where do i stand with my lessons. I dont know what was said but not long after he txt saying she no longer wanted to continue with his driving school. I hope it was not because of what i had said :oops: .

Anyway on a better note i am really looking forward to meeting my new driving buddy (i hope they are as excited about all of this like me) I had a great first lesson considering and i am ready to get stuck into my next lot of homework hehe! love it, love it, love it!!!

03-10-10 16:01:31

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: My Road to success!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 05-10-10 09:01:34

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

Brialliant write up.  Im sure now that its a couple of days ago, you are finding yourself going over and over and over stuff.  This is the stage where you drive your friends and family mad jabbering about mirrors and gears and steering all day.

I hope you get the buddy situation sorted out.  I personally was glad I didn't have a training buddy, certainly their negative attitude will affect your own ability to learn.

Im glad you started this thread, now lets hope its not as long as my story.

#3 05-10-10 09:06:55

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

The dealing with people thing is all par for the course of being an instructor, anyway. Indeed, you could say that having a problem buddy may be good training in that respect. ;-)
Hilary

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

#4 05-10-10 12:14:53

NatashaGabrielle

I dont think the problem was that she was complaining altho it did put a huge dampner on my lesson which was annoying. I think it was more the fact she was getting lessons else where and did not have the time to fit in these lessons with my driving school, which made me worry about where i was left when she wasnt able to come to her lessons, as she was my driving buddy. She had already informed me that she prob would not be staying with my driving school which also made me worry where i would stand with my lessons if she did pull out in a few weeks time.

I guess she was a big eye opener for me haha. xxx

#5 07-10-10 10:08:29

NatashaGabrielle

So my friend passed her theory test yesterday. I am so proud of her, she has had problems with if for a good few years now and i am over the moon she has passed. I have taken her on a good few lessons and she can drive but needs to get out of the bad habits she has picked up when other people have been taking her out. So i'm taking her on a lesson tonight which i am excited about. I can use my lesson plan book and try show off all the things i have learnt so far. I will let you all know how i get on.

big_smile xxxx

#6 07-10-10 12:55:19

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

One to one training is better. Becoming an adi takes commitment and hard work, your "driving partner" obviously does not understand this. I wish you all the best.

Fleet Training
Iain Moore ADI Grade A, Fleet, RoSPA Tutor, DIAmond Ad, MSA National B Race License, EST Reg
fleet@learnmooredriving.co.uk 07999 992141

#7 07-10-10 16:13:30

Aspyre

Just to add an alternative - but still valid - view: it's what type of training you prefer that counts - not what some people think or say is best.

Two to one training is very valuable and should not be automatically rejected. It works really well for some people and you can get a lot from it that you wouldn't get from one to one smile

#8 07-10-10 16:37:24

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

I agree, I learnt lots from 2to1, but 1to1 is the most focused on individuals needs, especially towards the final stages of part 3 training.

Fleet Training
Iain Moore ADI Grade A, Fleet, RoSPA Tutor, DIAmond Ad, MSA National B Race License, EST Reg
fleet@learnmooredriving.co.uk 07999 992141

#9 07-10-10 20:02:07

NatashaGabrielle

Thank you everyone. I got to say i love my 2to1 training but if needed i might have a few 1to1 sessions near the end of my 40 hours.

I took my friend out on a driving lesson tonight. She can drive and change gears correctly but was not using MSM at all so we went through her MSM and got that sport on. I also asked her on what kind of situations would we use MSN and she named them all apart from crossings so she learnt something new and by the end of the lesson her MSN was really good. Also making sure she did her 6point check before moving off (she never did this) so she now knows how to do this and was following my instruction pretty good throughout the lesson.

She was approaching junctions and roundabouts a little to fast so i just got her to slow the whole thing down giving her time to carry out her MSPSL and once she was not rushing to do everything she found them a lot easier. It was a good positive lesson i came away feeling really good with myself big_smile

Really enjoyed it big_smile xxxx

#10 25-01-11 22:44:10

HewittsDriving
Website

I also found that I benefited from 2 to 1 training, When I was training i got so much out of being inthe back of the car and taking as many notes as I could, I was able to see things that the passenger couldnt which helped me to realise where I should be looking, Another thing that really helped me to improve was when My trainer asked me to portrait the pupil and and she would be the instructor, i had to try and think of what faults I could put in for that subject and then remember what I had done to make sure she had picked up on it and dealt with it.. If you get the chance to do this I would definately recomend it, It will help you realise more of the faults that can be thrown in. Good luck

Driving lessons in Leeds, Wakefield, Dewsbury and Batley.
http://www.hewitts-schoolofmotoring.co.uk

Board footer