You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 23-04-04 17:01:31

Folk

Why is it?

Why is it that when people know you are learning to drive they constantly ask you "when are you taking your test?"

This question drives me CRAZY

:x Folk

23-04-04 17:01:31

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Why is it?

#2 25-04-04 08:06:28

Folk

I don't intend telling anyone when I'm taking my test either!

Folk  roll

#3 25-04-04 12:34:55

Midge
Website

This is the reason most people tell as few people as possible that they are even taking lessons.   lol  I've even had to pick  students up round the corner from home so that the neighbours don't start asking "that" question.
Midge

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

#4 25-04-04 13:39:48

Folk

Yes Midge - I was one of those people who used to get picked up for my driving lessons at the local leisure centre, so my neighbours wouldn't know but gradually I got more confident and agreed to be collected from home.

After telling my husband and children I didn't want them telling anyone I was learning to drive, over the past few weeks I have been telling people myself   roll - so I suppose it's my own fault.

It's like being pregant - the one question that drives you crazy is - haven't you had that baby yet? and when you already have children and are expecting another, they say "you'll have your hands full won't you?"!!!!! 

And when you've completed your family (and aren't pregnant) and your body is out of shape the question is - when's your baby due?  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
:evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
Do the questions ever stop???????

Folk

#5 08-05-04 20:18:31

foilerist
Verified Member
Website

I'm sure all the instructors on here don't like it when admitting what job we do, we hear "oh you must have nerves of steel". Its like a postman being told that his job keeps him from walkin the streets. Why do people do this???

#6 10-05-04 12:54:12

sallyb

I too wanted to keep the fact I had started to learn to drive quiet too, but after a few weeks found it impossible to. Having L plates stuck on a car in the drive is a bit of a giveaway to all the neighbours...some have asked discreet questions in hushed tones whereas others have come out with "when do you take your test?" Only me, my husband & instructor know the date and that's the way it'll stay. :!:

Board footer