You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 14-01-10 18:08:39

VandADI
Administrator

Insurance proposal

I have had this email from DIDU and asked if I could let DTT members know about it.

On the DIDU website, they have an online questionaire, entitled funnily enough, 'A COLLECTIVE INSURANCE QUESTIONAIRE’and you may be wondering at this point what this is all about, well I will now explain what its all about.

About three months ago I approached John Fosbery, a well established Insurance Broker based in Manchester who has a long and distinguished career in insurance of many types. He had however steered clear of motor insurance for the general public.

I pitched the idea to him that he could and should consider ‘Bespoke Insurance for Driving Instruc-tors’. We all spend a few days each year ringing round Insurance Company’s playing one off against each other until we manage to wear one company or the other down and accept their quote. Now the idea we have come up with is totally different from anything else on the market at this time.

Let me explain this insurance will deliver a standard fee paid monthly across the length and breadth of the Country for all ADI’s. This fee will be guaranteed for at least two years from the date you take out the insurance, it will cover all the basic cover that you have at this time plus extras, which at this time I can’t go into.

How does it work you may ask? In effect you join an insurance club/collective and the collective handles all details of your insurance, including claims – replacement cars (within 24 hours) – legal assistance (both with any claim and also when dealing with the DSA) – medical assistance - etc. One telephone number is all that you will need and you will deal with one person, who will deal with and finalise all queries you may have.

I can confirm at this time that the idea has been pitched to Lloyds of London and been accepted. All it now needs is for you to fill the attached form in showing your interest. As soon as sufficient numbers have expressed their approval of the scheme it will go live and the Insurance will come into being.

As an aside may I suggest that if any of you are due to renew your insurance in the near future that it would be prudent to make payment by monthly direct debit payments until the ‘Bespoke Insurance Collective’ comes on line. It is anticipated that the Insurance will be cheaper for the vast majority of you but the benefits will be superior to what you have at the moment. Depending on the success of this insurance in year two further exciting things are anticipated to become available to you all.

Please fill in the form so we can get an idea of the number of people who may be interested.

Ron Wise (DIDU Excecutive Committee Member)

Thank you in anticipation

Ron

14-01-10 18:08:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Insurance proposal

#2 14-01-10 18:53:56

Grumpy old man
Verified Member

HI Folks

thanks Vanda for your help

The form can be found on the Home page of the DIDU web site and is open to all ADI's.

I must point out that although it is DIDU led it is in no way the preserve of DIDU it is for the benefit of all.

Thank you all in anticipation of your support for this money saving scheme.

Ron Wise

The DSA will not beat me nor will small minded vindictive little people with a sense of their own importance

#3 06-09-10 16:20:47

deathis@hotmail.co.uk

sounds like a fair enough idea

#4 06-09-10 19:37:24

Grumpy old man
Verified Member

Hi all

I am sorry to have to say this that the scheme has been shelved due to general apathy displayed by Instructors.

It would have been a very good idea and scheme for the benefit of all.

Thanks Vanda for your support and that of your members who responded.

The DSA will not beat me nor will small minded vindictive little people with a sense of their own importance

Board footer