You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 02-09-10 19:31:18

wayne1983

Re: D1 minibus driver test

Then do 'General driving' but in a different way - the advanced way and over the months your confidence /skills will improve and culminate in a test which is done when YOU are ready

The course you mentioned? It may be best, ok i still have to re-re take the test, but at the moment i dont feel like going in for test yet, not to get the hopes dashed once again.

02-09-10 19:31:18

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 05-09-10 19:31:47

wayne1983

Sorry for bringing this up again, regards the advanced driving school, do you only do a 1 hour slot once a month or does it work differently?. Its just so i would know how to plan it then thanks smile

#28 05-09-10 20:10:55

Stephen7738

I would say most groups will do as many sessions as you like through the week etc,it might mean that you will get a few different observers dependant on the availability of them but you should get between 1.5 to 2hrs per session from start to finish.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#29 05-09-10 20:35:37

wayne1983

I would say most groups will do as many sessions as you like through the week etc,it might mean that you will get a few different observers dependant on the availability of them but you should get between 1.5 to 2hrs per session from start to finish.

So do you pick how many and how long the sessions are then?. Are they teaching you the 'correct' way to drive again, or are they observing what your bad habits are.
I would like to think this could help me pass the test when i next try it, cheers.

#30 06-09-10 07:26:18

(ROG)
Verified Member

How advanced driving works with the IAM

The associate (you) pays a total of £139 - no more - that pays for everything including the books, the local membership for one year and the test fee

The associate recieves a copy of the highway code and a book which tells you virtually everything you need to know

The idea is that the associate teaches themselves with the observer checking that all is ok but what usually happens in practise is that the observer 'advises' or 'teaches' (not instructs) the associate on various issues on the runs
One run might concentrate on how to tackle bends safely for example.

All this is done at a pace to which the associate is comfortable with which usually means a run out with the observer for about one hour approximately every four weeks

When the observer and the associate both agree that test standard has been achieved, the associate then applies for a test date
The test is for about 90 minutes on all different types of roads and is conducted by a serving or ex police traffic officer

There is no time limit for doing this as everyone learns at different rates

If your local IAM group says that it is going to be 6 runs over 12 weeks and then the test - go elsewhere as that is not the way it should be done

If the local group says they only meet at one place at one time then again, go elsewhere as that is not flexible enough for working people to fit into their free time

I know how the IAM should work as I have been an observer with them for over 10 years but there are other organisations such as ROSPA

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#31 06-09-10 19:42:41

wayne1983

Thanks, you mention if they do it over 12 weeks dont go there. Ive checked my nearest is prince of wales rd sheffield.
Its not wht i imagined with you obtaining all the literature, however that hasnt really put me off doing it, especially has it may give me a chance to pass my test one day.

Board footer