You are not logged in.

#1 31-08-10 15:18:59

wayne1983

Catergories B, B1, fkp

Hi, i have these on my licence since i passed my car test in 2004. And just wondered what other than cars i am entitled to drive.?
Having flopped twice at attempting to get D1 for employment, and all bit chucked it in, i wondered if these would allow me to some sort of potential employment in driving, thanks. smile

31-08-10 15:18:59

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Catergories B, B1, fkp

#2 31-08-10 15:39:43

daz6215
Verified Member

Cat B is cars upto 3500kg with no more that 8 seat, B1 is three or four wheeled vehicles with uwl not exceeding 550kg,  f is tractors, g is roalroller and h is tracked vehicle, p is moped!

#3 31-08-10 16:10:16

wayne1983

Thanks, so arent i allowed to drive a van or small van at least?. I was just wondering thats all cheers. smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 31-08-10 16:12:31

(ROG)
Verified Member

Thanks, so arent i allowed to drive a van or small van at least?.

Yes you are - any vehicle up to 3.5 tonne gross

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#5 31-08-10 16:15:16

wayne1983

Thanks once again. smile

#6 31-08-10 16:19:20

(ROG)
Verified Member

PICS OF 3.5 TONNE VANS which are on a B licence

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 31-08-10 16:51:07

wayne1983

PICS OF 3.5 TONNE VANS which are on a B licence

Cheers, they look like (cough) the 'vans' with seats in called minibuses i was training in except, err no seats lol

#8 31-08-10 16:57:23

daz6215
Verified Member

Be aware of towing restrictions that apply to your licence also, if you want to tow above 750kg then you may also need cat B+E, the 750kg can be exceeded in certain circumstances providing the MAM of both vehicles does not exceed 3500kg and the trailer must not weigh more than the unladen kerb weight of the vehicle towing.

#9 31-08-10 17:06:42

wayne1983

I wouldnt be towing a trailer. For instance then i could drive a royal mail transit then.?

#10 31-08-10 17:16:18

daz6215
Verified Member

yeah I think you'll find that a transit falls into the 3500kg category, if your in doubt of any vehicle check the D.O.T plate which is normally found on the sills.

#11 31-08-10 17:21:38

wayne1983

Thanks, i could look at small van jobs then smile

#12 31-08-10 17:49:07

daz6215
Verified Member

certainly big_smile

Board footer