You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 04-08-10 06:46:50

lucy
Verified Member
Website

B + E Insurance

Hi just looking for some help on insurance for B + E, I am currently a driving istructor doing normal learner lessons but have been approached by several people wanting to do the B + E training with me - I have the correct towing vehicle and a trailer so that bit's sorted however am struggling somewhat to find a company that will insure the tow vehicle.  So the question is who do you insure with?  Part of the problem seems to be that I dont have dual controls.

04-08-10 06:46:50

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: B + E Insurance

#2 04-08-10 19:42:11

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Hi Lucy, I insure my B+E vehicles and trailers with CIC (chelmsford insurance company)- they don't insist on dual controlled vehicles, sadly I struggled to get a quote from anyone else to compare their costs. 

Caroline

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#3 04-08-10 20:35:31

lucy
Verified Member
Website

Thank you  I spoke to Malcolm from there this morning and he beat the quote I'd got from Waveney and I liked his friendly approach so I took the quote - nothing to do with the fact it was cheaper honest.  What vehicle/trailer combo are you using?

#4 05-08-10 15:12:14

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Hi Lucy pm sent  smile

#5 05-08-10 16:40:30

daz6215
Verified Member

Hi Lucy I used mastercover for my B+E insurance and I have a 4x4 which does not have duals and they covered me!

#6 05-08-10 18:33:24

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Just out of interest Daz, do Mastercover insist on the supervising driver being an ADI?

Caroline

#7 05-08-10 18:50:15

daz6215
Verified Member

Not sure about that one Caroline I would have to ask, I think it was ADI's only tho!

#8 05-08-10 18:56:40

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Thank you for your reply, I need to start collecting quotes for my renewal but there aren't many companies to choose from   sad

Board footer