You are not logged in.

#1 04-05-05 11:28:23

Paulie

re. Part one

Hi

I have just told the instructor who I intend to train with for parts 2 and 3 that I intend to do part 1 on my own.  He has emphasised the importance of part 1 knowledge in later phases and that I shouldn't just work my way through the question bank but have a really good foundation on which to build for part 2 and 3, esp as I will be teaching pupils what I have learnt from part 1! 

So he has proposed that he will provide all his training materials (which are divided into the four modules), a mock test and support over the phone for £50.  I am really not sure what to think as many of you have posted stuff about not needing to pay anyone but I think what he has said about getting the foundations right is true and £50 maybe is reasonable for what he is offering.

Any comments very welcome...would you go for this?!!

Thanks muchly!

04-05-05 11:28:23

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: re. Part one

#2 04-05-05 11:39:08

Falstaff1485

I'd say that fifty quid is an excellent deal and that you should go for it!

Falstaff

#3 04-05-05 12:06:45

FFF

The Part I reading list would cost around twice that, so yep it's a good deal.  Make sure you get CD or DVD for HPT training if it's not included in that deal.

#4 04-05-05 14:04:16

luchell

as has been said, yep good deal the reading material does cost at least twice that.

#5 04-05-05 18:29:03

Alibran

I've just been working out the cost of the bare minimum of training material for part 1, and it came to £75.  So it sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

#6 04-05-05 19:26:10

Al Capon

Don't forget eBay though, folks. I've picked up most of the recommended publications and HPT disks in the past couple of weeks for under 35 quid ... and that's all current editions. Best bargain was the DI's Handbook (12th edition @ £18.99) for £8.83 including postage!

Of course, no interactive support or "fill-em-in and get-em-marked" stuff on eBay, so I reckon fifty quid sounds a good deal, Paulie.

#7 04-05-05 19:41:19

luchell

oh yes ebay! i forgot about that. i got the driving instructors handbook new edition for a tenner, practical teaching skills for driving instructors 4th edition (the companion to the d.i handbook) and instructional techniques and practice for a total of 24.50. big bargain.  lol

#8 05-05-05 16:23:16

Paulie

Thanks to all of you who have replied to my query- its been really helpful,

cheers

Board footer