You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 28-07-10 15:16:45

luigi
Verified Member

Perhaps a silly CT question but.....

I have a pupil lined up for my second proper CT tomorrow.

My previous educational and 1st tests some years ago were both role-play, so at the beginning should the pupil come into the test centre with me?

I am aware that I give info about their experience to the SE beforehand.....but with the pupil present?

Grazie   wink

28-07-10 15:16:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Perhaps a silly CT question but.....

#2 28-07-10 15:19:40

robinsamuels
Verified Member
Website

No harm if they do. You can leave them in the car, but if you do don't forget to keep the keys with you.

Just got back from mine about 10 minutes ago and I took them into the TC. SE had them sit in the car while we talked through the plan for the lesson and again after the lesson. Again, keep the keys in your sticky mitts until you're ready to give them control of the car and get them out if you leave the pup in the car at the end.

When it gets to the stage of sadobestionecrophilia, give up: Otherwise known as flogging a dead horse!

http://www.robinsdriving.co.uk

#3 28-07-10 15:50:26

digit
Verified Member
Website

Took my pupil into test with me as i was told SE's like to me them. They had a chat about their driving (did DL25 test fail) then when outside. Pupil settled into car as we went over drivers record and the lesson structure.
So i would def take them in as this may help settle the pupil down as well as you, Good luck.

Donnie ADI.

#4 28-07-10 15:59:28

luigi
Verified Member

Cheers  lol

#5 28-07-10 16:02:36

Aspyre

Same as digit - on my last one, as we walked out of the TC, the SE asked the pupil to get in the car (not to start the engine) just ahead of us so he could talk to me. I then gave him a quick rundown of where they were and what I intended to do.

Remember your CT result is based on the outcome of your lesson - not how you enter the TC lol

#6 28-07-10 17:52:53

Target
Verified Member
Website

I once did an appalling CPD course where we were told to leave the pupil in the car.

Honest my gut feeling was take them with you, but a so called Grade 6 was saying different and the ink had not dried on my green badge just yet.

So......What do I do now....Go with my gut feeling on most things and im normally right.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#7 05-09-10 22:50:18

pdw1977
Website

I took my pupil into the TC on my last CT. The SE seemed pleased and they had a little chat about how she was getting on, enjoying it etc. It just helped to break the ice. We then all walked out to the car and the SE just asked the pupil to get comfy in the car and relax while I told him what the plan was and showed him my pupil record.

At the end my pupil just waited in the car, so I took the keys and gave her my iphone to practice a theory test. (a tip i got from this forum). The SE liked that big_smile

Paul smile

Still a Newbie so be nice!!

www.pwdriving.com

Board footer