You are not logged in.

#1 24-07-10 11:52:43

Beep-Beep East

Hi everybody

I've just qualified as an ADI. Can anybody advise whether to lease or to buy a car for pupil training? And should I go for a diesel or petrol engine?

Cheers
Pete

24-07-10 11:52:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: New member

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 24-07-10 12:05:08

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Heck! - I think that depends on who you speak to.
Personally, I prefer to buy and usually go for petrol becasue they tend to be cheaper. Also, there seems to be more 2nd hand petrol models than diesel to choose from.

Now, somebody will come laong and dispute my very words - this thread could be rather fun...;-)

Hilary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

#3 24-07-10 15:39:51

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hi Pete, welcome to the forum, and good luck with your new found freedom big_smile

Giz

#4 24-07-10 16:39:26

driver69

Hi Pete, you might like to look at this thread: http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/fo … 204.0.html for some help. It will probably much depend on your circumstances and there are pros and cons to buying and leasing. i have always bought but sometimes I think leasing might be a good choice.

As far as petrol or Diesel, very much a personal choice, pupils find it easier with diesel but if they will get used whatever they are learning in. The argument for diesel being cheaper to run is less valid as many petrols are getting close to diesel mpg and when you add the extra cost of the diesel fuel and car there isn't much in it. Personaly I prefer diesel.

#5 24-07-10 21:28:53

Beep-Beep East

Hi guys,

Thanks for your quick response. I've heard Hyundai I10 has problem with it's clutch. The clutch becomes very heavy for the young men let alone the ladies when it's done about 15,000 miles from brand new. Anybody has this experience? Can anyone advise which diesel is most reliable, and the clutch remains reasonably light after it's done a lot of miles?

Thank you in advance.
Pete

Board footer