You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 18-07-10 17:02:04

aliheald
Verified Member

quick check test question

Hi, letter arrived yesterday (knew it would one day).  Thought about doing role play and choosing junctions.  Do i also choose what juctions to cover or am I told. i.e. left and right turns/emerges, crossroads, roundabouts.

Thanks

Alison

18-07-10 17:02:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: quick check test question

#2 18-07-10 18:39:07

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

You should plan a route yourself. It should be a suitable length so that it can be repeated. I did junctions with a client for my first CT my route was a figure of 8. So if either L or R turns/emerging was a problem we could consentrate on the one. Therefore you are choosing the junctions that will be used. smile

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#3 19-07-10 07:24:47

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi Alison check out the ADI 1 examiners guidelines as clear guidance is given there.

All role play CT's are 'trained' pupils, you would find out in the recap which areas need work.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#4 19-07-10 21:10:09

asroxx@yahoo.com
Website

You 'll have to choose your own routes. Good luck it's not too  hard aniway

#5 20-07-10 15:30:26

aliheald
Verified Member

Thanks guys, i realise i need to choose my own routes but wondered if i would be able to stipulate what type of junctions i would teach or would I be told i.e. crossroads, left and right turns/emerges etc.  Guess it would be easier if I could identify what junctions so I could plan the route before hand...

#6 20-07-10 16:03:51

asroxx@yahoo.com
Website

You'll have to choose any subject you want from the preset subjects, and yes you can have a route set and practice that route but usually when you nervous you never stick to the route

#7 26-07-10 21:23:14

Dux
Verified Member
Website

Having only done one so far maybe I'm not the best one to offer advice, but I preferred to take a pupil and just treat it as a lesson, which is all they want to see, if you have a suitable pupil, one you get on with and is fairly receptive, work out what you would normally want to do with them on the previous lesson, any areas of weakness you want to work on, do a decent recap with them to start with, then onto what you have planned, but if they show weakness in an area you hadn't expected don't be afraid to abandon what you had planned and work on that, after all that's what you would normally do I'm sure, finish off with a decent debrief, job done smile

Part 1 Passed April 07

Part 2 Passed June 07 3 Minors

Part 3 Delayed Success 05/12/07    3-3

Part 3 Passed 20/02/08      5-5

Diamond Advanced Driver 03/06/08

www.polepositiondrivertraining.co.uk

Board footer