You are not logged in.

#1 11-07-10 18:24:58

apples69

Do you need your own car for the part 2 and part3 exams?

I asked my the school today, if i need a car for the part 2 and part 3 exams, i was asked what car i have, told them I have a honda civic 1.4 1997, was told the car is too big and i need a smaller newer car like a 2006+ renault clio or toyoto yaris.

which is the better car to go for?

11-07-10 18:24:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Do you need your own car for the part 2 and part3 exams?

#2 11-07-10 18:38:32

PiperIan
Verified Member
Website

Nonsense... You can use your own car if you wish.  You are better using the car you are most familiar with.

I'll never forget Wotzizname !!!

#3 12-07-10 14:45:50

Spike
Verified Member

Exactly. Provided it's roadworthy and legal, you can use any car you like

#4 12-07-10 15:09:04

colin166
Verified Member

Make sure insurance covers driving test for part 2 and for the part 3 the insurance must cove the SE to drive.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 12-07-10 16:04:14

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

I used my 1995 Citroen Xantia Estate for parts 2 and 3. As Piperazzi says, it's what I was most used to.

For part 3 I sorted out insurance for the day so anyone could drive and to be valid for a part 3 exam - cost about 15 quid four years ago.

#6 12-07-10 22:37:12

apples69

i was told my honda civic 1.4 1997 is too large if i decide to get the pink licence and teach when i reach part 3, my car needs a valet and the passenger window winder is not working, i have a 2" gap as the window wont close and i've puts parcel tape over the gap, plus the gas pedal sticks now and again

#7 12-07-10 23:37:29

Spike
Verified Member

Ah - you didn't tell us that originally! There is absolutely no problem with the size or age of the car, but the other things you mentioned (especially the sticking gas pedal) definitely make it unsuitable. In fact, I'd be wary about using it as my own private car, let alone as a tuition car.

#8 19-07-10 22:14:31

apples69

i'm going to get the car valeted, get a full service and sort out the sticky gas pedal/cable, then the car should be fine for part 2

#9 20-07-10 10:12:16

asroxx@yahoo.com
Website

Use the car you have, don't change car only for the test purpose

Board footer