You are not logged in.

#1 30-06-10 06:44:50

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

Part 3 Test passed yesterday - First Attemt :)))

Hi Guys and Gals,
Haven't posted here for a loooong time.. I've been busy on a trainee license and training hard for my part 3 test.

I'm pleased to report that I passed my Part 3 yesterday at the first attempt.

I had PST3 - Turn in the road - and - Full license holder Approaching junctions left and right.

The test was sooooo tough, but I remembered the advice from this site to stick to the task in hand, and no matter how badly you think you are doing, just stick to the task in hand, because it might not be as bad as you think.... Just make sure you get the core competencies right.

The SE played hard-ball all the way through and threw in every fault in the book, sometimes 2 or 3 at a time.

Must Admit, I thought I'd failed with flying colours and when the SE asked if I wanted my trainer to listen in on the De-Grief, I thought... Sh!t.. that's a fail...

But, after a looong de-brief (de-grief) I ended up with a 4 - 5... Whooooop! Whooooop!  big_smile

I'm still on cloud nine, ten and eleven at the moment, but when I come down, I'll write a report for you all.

Cheers all.. chat soon,
Neil

Passed Part 1 - 08/12/09. 2nd attempt 99/65
Passed Part 2 - 20/01/10. 1st attempt 'Zero Faults'
Passed Part 3 - 29/06/10. 1st attempt 4 - 5

30-06-10 06:44:50

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 3 Test passed yesterday - First Attemt :)))

#2 30-06-10 07:12:32

benji

Well done Neil

#3 01-07-10 06:14:06

Trumper
Verified Member

FLH on approaching junctions? Didn't think they did FLH on junctions. Could be wrong. Anyway well done great result.

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

#4 01-07-10 06:21:22

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

Hi Trumper,
I know, it came to a surprise to my trainer too.
In the word picture, the SE asked me to remove my roof box and any other 'L' plates I might have on the car. He then went on to say he was a full license holder who had passed his test 6 months ago, but hadn't driven since and was uncertain about how to approach junctions turning left and right.

Passed Part 1 - 08/12/09. 2nd attempt 99/65
Passed Part 2 - 20/01/10. 1st attempt 'Zero Faults'
Passed Part 3 - 29/06/10. 1st attempt 4 - 5

#5 01-07-10 06:36:53

Evan
Administrator

Well done Neil your face said it all last night in the Association meeting. Enjoy your new career. Will see you on the road today, just keep that smile going. Ev

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 03-07-10 21:03:47

hector
Verified Member
Website

FLH on approaching junctions? Didn't think they did FLH on junctions. Could be wrong. Anyway well done great result.

The guidelines clearly state not to use PST's 3 and 4 for FLH. The DSA believe FLH's dont have problems with emerging and approaching junctions! I think they should get out more and have a look where crashes happen  big_smile , so either your examiner didnt know this (Likely) or used his inititive (Unlikely!)

Anyway Neil well done!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#7 07-07-10 20:47:57

asroxx@yahoo.com
Website

Well done . Good luck from now

#8 09-07-10 14:35:41

quickpass

Congratulation's. All the best ADI.

#9 15-09-10 20:23:44

apples69

well done neil,

any tips and advice for those who will be starting their part 3?

do you think having the trainee licence helps to pass the part 3?

Board footer