You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 26-04-10 19:49:19

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Show Me Tell Me on B+E

I downloaded and use the B+E questions off the DSA website but am finding that the DE's are using some of the HGV questions too, ie checking the tightening of the wheel nuts, the condition of the mudguards and also using the cat B questions such as the checking of the oil and the power steering, I don't mind, I think they are all valid questions and should be easily answered by a full licence holder about to take a vocational test but if they are not on the list why are they being asked when each incorrect answer will give a df?  Has anyone else found this?

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

26-04-10 19:49:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Show Me Tell Me on B+E

#2 30-04-10 17:12:52

reddragonbus
Verified Member

The examiners carry out different tests, so it is not surprising they ask the wrong questions from time to time, I had a bus examiner take my car pupil through a bus gate at the park and ride.

To be honest I have not looked at the B+E show me tell me questions, I spend the first 30 minutes with a new client going through the walk around check of the vehicle and trailer FLOWER checks so that they are happy the vehicle is safe and legal for them to drive during lessons. I do precisely the same thing with car learners.

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

#3 19-06-10 07:24:18

PCV Instructor
Website

In my experience, examiners can ask whatever they want about the vehicle.

www.Gr8training.co.uk 08444 93 14 14

#4 13-02-11 13:11:54

raymondtt
Website

Examiners can ask whatever they want about the vehicle.

#5 15-02-11 21:24:29

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Raymondtt - your advice almost a year on and a copy of the previous post is invaluable, thank you  neutral   

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#6 16-02-11 00:03:48

raymondtt
Website

cheers.You're very polite...many thanks

#7 23-04-11 18:43:13

Discovery
Website

I had a DE ask a student how they would secure a horse in the trailer once.  As we use an Ifor Williams horse trailer for B+E I always cover this as it is relevant to the trailer and the said student was horsey anyway.  If anyone reading this is not sure about securing horses, the answer should be that with a standard two horse trailer;

1.  There is a secured centre partition/divider with a breast bar fitted across the width of the trailer directly in front of the partition at horse's chest height to prevent them stepping forward ahead of centre of gravity and also to brace themselves against under braking.
2.  Tethered to a tie ring fitted on the side at head height to prevent them attempting to turn around.
3.  As horses can still shift their weight from one foot to the other to balance, this can have an affect on stability and noseweight so additional allowances in your driving needs to be made and the partition should always be used even if carrying only one horse.
4.  It is also recommended that if you are carrying only one horse they are placed on the offside or driver's side.

ADI Grade 5, B+E Training, B.O.R.D.A and NPTC Off Road qualified instructor
www.drivinglessons-charlton.co.uk

Board footer