You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 22-05-10 20:40:08

Disky
Verified Member
Website

Increasing skills ?

Guys & Girls....................

Currently doing DAS on the bikes as i may , look to do this in a few years time.

Question is:   Will this count towards CPD, as it is driver related and will allow me to teach my current learners to be more aware of bikers.

And 2,,,

if so, can i offset the costs to my business

cheers
Ray

22-05-10 20:40:08

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Increasing skills ?

#2 22-05-10 21:35:22

on board training

Hi,

Whether it is recorded by you as CPD or not, if it is a training course you are taking to increase your knowledge and ability for your current role then yes you can offset it against expenses.

Cheers,
         Brian

#3 23-05-10 13:04:59

looprevil
Verified Member

CPD is about anything you consider that will develop yourself in the work you do. That could be posting on a forum, reading a book, attending a web design course, attendance at meetings, taking furher training well anything you feel is benefiting/developing yourself in the work you do.

As for the HMRC and business expenses that is a question of justification. If a representative from HMRC was looking at your accounts can you legitimately justify the expense as being necessary in conducting your business? If so you can offset those costs against your income and have no problem with it.

There is not a list of can do or can't do in this regard although there are common answers that can apply to everyone. smile

regards

Paddy

smile  big_smile  lol  cool

#4 24-05-10 12:03:44

mikerow
Verified Member
Website

Doing a das is great cpd it puts inside the head of a learner as you are one on a bike.
Helps you understand what is going on inside the head of your pupils.

http://www.learnnpass.co.uk/

Driving should be fun

#5 25-05-10 13:37:46

Disky
Verified Member
Website

Thats the way i`m thinking mike

#6 25-05-10 15:25:45

mikerow
Verified Member
Website

Learning to ride a bike is the best cpd I think I could ever do.

You sit on the bike thinking "I'm a driving instructor why is my brain turning to mush".
It gave me a greater understanding of how pupils think, can't get that from a book.

Driving should be fun

#7 25-05-10 15:37:07

Disky
Verified Member
Website

hahahahah,,, i thought it was just me,,, thanks for making me realise i was not being silly...

#8 25-05-10 18:00:03

jonsmithuk
Verified Member

I'm doing level 1 dinghy sailing next w/e . Can I claim that ?

#9 25-05-10 19:23:56

martin_t
Verified Member

Brain turning to mush? Don't need reminding of that thanks! It's still clearly burned into my conciousness from my part 3 training sad

Still, kinda like the thought of learning to ride a bike - but is the idea of a 55 year old fat bloke on a Vespa too ridiculous? (Got to be a Vespa 'cause I'm in love with them, or a Harley...).

#10 25-05-10 19:43:38

mikerow
Verified Member
Website

Well 2 years ago the thought of riding a bike scared the s**t out of me. 2 goes at the cbt, then a DAS and passed with a clean sheet. Now own a Triumph street triple that scares the s**t of me.
If a 48 year old who had never been on a bike before can do it anyone can.Oh and it has made me a better instructor more able to relate to the young people who sit beside me in my car.

Driving should be fun

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 25-05-10 21:16:16

Disky
Verified Member
Website

if you think it has some sort of added value,,, personally, i dont take out pirates smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#12 16-06-10 05:08:13

ExAdiNigel

I don't see why not.  How far are you going to take it?  Take it through to instructor level then there is a clear benefit - also gives you another string to your bow, so to speak.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Board footer