You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 21-04-04 16:18:26

novice_kid

Driving The Car..

I've taken the time to write out what I think are the steps for starting and moving your car.. Perhaps someone can make a few corrections where I've gone wrong and maybe you guys can sticky/pin it for other pupils to refer to? Anyways here goes..

Step 1:
Push the clutch down to it's furthest position.

Step 2:
Shift into GEAR 1 (from neautral).

Step 3:
Place a small amount of pressure on the GAS PEDAL (acceleration).

Step 4:
Now, slowly, SLOWLY, begin letting the clutch pedal up. Keep releasing it up untill you hear/feel/see the car reach breaking point. Once you hit breaking point, make sure you keep the pedals in those positions untill you continue the rest of the steps.

Step 5:
Now look ALL around you, remebering to check your blind spots. This is known as a SIX POINT TURN.

Step 6:
Now, indicate to pull out from your parked position (if required).

Step 7:
Pull the hand-brake up and hold it there (whilst keeping one hand on the driving wheel at all times!

Step 8:
Now, have another look over your right or left shoulder (wherever the road is), remember to check your blind spots.

Step 9:
Now, have a glance into your side mirror (the one facing the road) before steeing out.

Step 10:
Put the hand-brake down, steer out, stop indicating and slowly release the clutch.

Please, if it's wrong, let me know, because that'll mean I'm doing it wrong too lol.

21-04-04 16:18:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Driving The Car..

#2 22-04-04 20:23:06

Liesa

Hi novice_kid

This is how I teach my pupils to move away!

For the 1st few attempts, I always think it's better to wait untill the road is clear. Which means there won't be any real pressure on you, and you won't need to worry about indicating, this means you're far less likely to get things mixed up!

1) Clutch down to the floor

2) Into 1st gear (keep left foot still)

3) Set the gas i.e. apply a little presure to the accelarator, untill the engine sound increases slightly (keep foot still)

4) Gradually & smoothly bring the clutch pedal up, untill you reach the biting point. You'll know when you reach the biting point because, the sound of the engine changes slightly, and you'll feel a change in the pressure under your left foot. (keep foot still)

5) Prepare the handbreak i.e pull it up slightly and press the button in. But don't put it down just yet!

6) Use rear view mirror to asses, if there are any vehicles approaching from behind. If there are, wait untill they've passed, if not carry on with the next step.

7) At this point all round observations are very important.

Start by checking over your left shoulder (blind spot) then left door mirror, interior mirror, right door mirror & finally look over your right shoulder (blind spot) if clear proceed with step 8

8  Look forward and at the same time, release the handreak fully ensuring that it's down as far as possible.

9) Release the clutch slowly untill the car starts to move, then keep both feet still.

10) Steer the car whilst looking well up the road, untill you're running paralell to the kerb, and positioned in the middle of your lane. NB if on a wider than average road, it's important not to be more than, a metre
(3 foot) from the kerb.

11) Gradually and smoothly release the clutch untill it's fully released
i.e. won't go up any higher.

12) Use your rear view mirror to asses, whether or not anyone is about to pass you, before you increase your speed.

13) Apply a little more pressure to the gas (accelerator) to build the speed up.

Sorry for the delay in replying, but hopefully, you'll find this helpfull.

Good luck with your next lesson.

#3 23-04-04 22:58:15

vince

Well done Liesa!
                     I don't think you could find a more difinative or accurate sequence, everything broken down into its component parts in an easily understood format, this is where experience shows and a damned good reason why good proffesional tuition is better than dad or best mate however willing   roll : good luck with your driving novice kid, and keep taking the advice
         take care out there, Vince wink

Board footer