You are not logged in.

#1 10-06-10 20:07:30

bumpers
Verified Member

Touch Local ?

Hi

has anyone got any experience of how much work they get from a paid advert on touch local?

I have been quoted £125 set up fee then £40 a month. Im happy with that if it gets work.

My free listing on there has had no response in 7 years, but i expect that is because it was only for SEO purposes and in position 1000 behind everyone else.

Also, the marketing team at this company make Delboy look sophisticated.

Any tips?

10-06-10 20:07:30

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Touch Local ?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 10-06-10 21:52:24

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

Hmm... I doubt you'll get much to be honest. These things are never much good I'm afraid, sorry. I used City Visitor (which is similar to Touch Local) and I estimate I got about 4 pupils in a year, paid £200.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#3 11-06-10 10:52:00

oz11

Treat with caution. I had one year's paid advertising with Touch (only a couple of phone calls as a result). I wasn't intending to renew it but they took the second year's payment from my credit card WITHOUT notifying me first.

I got a full refund but only after numerous phone calls and emails to Touch and my credit card company threatening legal action.

After googling them I found this isn't unheard of.

Cheers!
Stuart

#4 11-06-10 22:09:44

Lynne
Verified Member

I used them last year and got nothing (that I am aware of).

At renewal they tried to take the following year's payment (I was paying monthly) again, without notifying me, as the case with Stuart.  However when I did ring and complain I did get the payment back on my card the next month.

The only place I pay for is LocalLife.

Lynne

#5 12-06-10 16:41:04

Phil_Brighton
Website

If I was going to pay for advertising, I would go the Google Adwords route. You only pay when someone actually comes to your site and you can increase or decrease the amount you spend depending on how much work you need.

More people will use google these days than any other directory in my opinion.

Board footer