You are not logged in.

#1 07-06-10 10:31:35

NSW72

1st Check test this week - and now a predicament !!!!

Hello !

Having had my first check cancelled 3 times this year, I am hoping that I will finally get to take the test on Wednesday.

I only teach part time and due to recent work commitments (I work in the travel industry - volcanic ash caused a few extra hours !) I only have 2 pups at the moment - both of which work during the day.  That leaves me with a colleague from work who wants to start driving again (had a few lessons 15yrs ago) so I am planning a first lesson with her - cockpit drill etc., and then just get her moving away and stopping at the end.

All seemed like a good plan until this morning when she tells me her provisional has expired and she has only just sent off for a new one !

So... if I don't get her driving, but just do a set-up lesson, I'm not jeopardising my insurance - but the question is - will the SE want to see her provisional licence ?  From what I can tell from other local ADIs, no.. but does anyone have any advice ?  Also - any advice / tips for using this subject for a Check test ?

Thanks !

NSW  yikes

Hackett School of Motoring, Shortlands, Kent. Est 2008

07-06-10 10:31:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 1st Check test this week - and now a predicament !!!!

#2 07-06-10 11:43:03

Roadmaster
Verified Member

If she sits in the drivers seat with the keys in the ignition, (which you will need to do to explain the warning lights) she is in charge of the car.  Illegally without a licence.

I can't believe you want to do a checktest with a person who has no licence. 
You intend doing a controls lesson  without even moving the car?  Will you do it in the TC car park?   That's checktest suicide in my opinion.

If you cannot take someone who is legal, do a role play.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 07-06-10 15:00:17

robinsamuels
Verified Member
Website

I've always been asked to show the pupil's licence.

A phone call to the seadi perhaps and explain that you were planning to carry out a car park based first lesson and see what they suggest? You can always change to role play if they aren't happy with this pupil.

When it gets to the stage of sadobestionecrophilia, give up: Otherwise known as flogging a dead horse!

http://www.robinsdriving.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 07-06-10 16:07:17

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

I can't believe you want to do a checktest with a person who has no licence.

I don't think she wants to, I think it's more she thought that was her only choice.

Definately go for role-play I'd say.  smile

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#5 07-06-10 19:43:08

NSW72

Thanks Rob - that is exactly what I was trying to say. Anyone who thinks I would willingly choose this as a perfect scenario clearly didn't read my first post....  neutral

This is the last situation I wanted to find myself in - as it is, I have been able to move the test date (the DSA were really helpful).

Thanks to Rob and Robin for the helpful information.

NSW72   smile

#6 08-06-10 19:09:54

FRANKS
Verified Member

JUST FOR THE RECORD - I've never been asked to produce my pupils licence on any of my check tests

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 09-06-10 04:57:56

KevB
Verified Member
Website

If she sits in the drivers seat with the keys in the ignition, (which you will need to do to explain the warning lights) she is in charge of the car.  Illegally without a licence.

No offence would be committed. (unless drink or drugs are involved).
The vehicle needs to move before an offence is committed.

#8 02-03-11 16:47:54

bluenote
Verified Member

Expired?

#9 02-03-11 19:04:31

Loopy Lou
Verified Member

Expired?

Photocard driving licences are only valid for 10 years and they have to be renewed before the expiry date.

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful...

#10 03-03-11 17:39:14

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Think you will find that a controls lesson is unacceptable for check test.

Do role play.

#11 11-03-11 23:01:42

the ferg

just do your normal lesson,works for me.

#12 14-07-11 14:33:29

NSW72

Long time in replying - sorry.  Ended up taking a new pupil who popped up at the nick of time. Did a '2nd' lesson and snagged myself a Grade 5 ;o)

#13 23-07-11 13:37:27

bannerman

well done

Board footer