You are not logged in.

#1 17-04-04 15:23:33

Liesa

Car Insurance.

Please post here, if you have any questions about insuring a car.

17-04-04 15:23:33

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Car Insurance.

#2 17-04-04 16:02:38

Bob_FOADS

Most of my pupils are suggesting that they have to pay around £2000.00 to insure their first car. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what companies offer good deals for new / yong drivers?

Paying £2k for a £200 car sounds rather steep for TPFT to me but then I am an old codger. I know it's not the car that the insurance really pays for it's the thing / preson you colide with should you have need for a claim.

#3 17-04-04 17:56:09

Liesa

Hi Bob

With Pass-Plus I was told that, Norwich Union offer 50% discount to new drivers.

#4 17-04-04 22:52:26

Lynne
Verified Member

They need to hunt round really for a good deal; I hear Tescos, NU, someone even mentioned the Co-Op are good for young drivers.  My daughter is a student so STUDENTS try Endsleigh.  Whatever quote I gave them they dropped the price and when I 'ummed and aahhed' they rang me back and dropped it again.  When she did her Pass Plus 6 weeks after getting her car she (or rather I, as I coughed up the dough) got another £160 off it which more than paid for her Pass Plus (someone else took her!!)

Diamond may be worth a go for female drivers.

BEWARE of 10 month policies.  They may sound a good deal and the insurance company may give you 1 years no claim bonus at the end of it but ANOTHER insurance company may not accept it from a 10 month old policy.  Try and pay the add'l for the 2 months.

This was my experience.  Hope it helps.

Lynne

#5 18-04-04 01:51:06

G09

Hello!  can i at age 17, Pay for my car insurance monthly? I have received an excellent quote from churchill, but they do not give me the option to pay monthly online unless i change my date of birth to being 18 years old. will i be able to organise this if i called them?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 18-04-04 08:25:39

Gizmotime
Administrator

G09 wrote:

Hello!  can i at age 17, Pay for my car insurance monthly? I have received an excellent quote from churchill, but they do not give me the option to pay monthly online unless i change my date of birth to being 18 years old. will i be able to organise this if i called them?

Hi
This question has come up quite a few times in the past so I asked my Daughter who works in Car Insurance,she informed me that because you are 17 the answer is NO you must be 18yrs old to pay monthly.
Also if you change your date of birth you are infact commiting fraud ie giving FALSE information by changing your date of birth, Hope this helps.

Regards
Giz smile

#7 18-04-04 08:45:30

Kev
Verified Member
Website

Hi G09

You need to be 18 to get the monthly payments as its a credit agreement.

You may be able to get someone to act as a guarantor.

Another way would be to take insurance for part of the year eg. 3 months to take you up to the age of 18, then you should be able to arrange the monthly payment plan. :idea:

Always look on the bright side of life.
Kev

#8 23-04-04 15:54:18

G09

Thanks for the information!  i have received an email from norwich union confirming that  i can pay by monthly installments smile

#9 23-04-04 19:46:25

Liesa

Hi G09

Glad to hear you managed to sort the insurance out.

Would you care to enlighten us a little on, how you managed to get monthly instalments on the insurance?

This information would be of great benefit to other 17 year olds!

#10 23-04-04 20:22:57

G09

big_smile

I have been told that provided that I have a bank account which will allow a direct debit  to be paid every  month, i will be able to pay in monthly installments.

#11 23-04-04 20:29:56

Liesa

Thanks for the information G09!

#12 22-05-04 09:36:54

msperry

I rang diamond about a year ago to get some idea of prices. I was going to get a fiat cinquecento with the lowest engine type and they quoted me (are you ready???)

£2100.

at the time I was 22, so its not like i was a kid or immature!
Diamond work on the basis that if you believe they give good deals to women they will just take whats offered.
me and my boyfriend are with tesco as we found they were the cheapest insurers.

#13 26-05-04 08:59:09

keslo66

although i havent passed my test yet i done an online quote with endsleigh. they quoted me £825.12, which i think is really good. im only 17 and expected to pay around £1000 when i come to insure a car.
steph xxx

#14 26-05-04 14:55:52

Bob_FOADS

That sounds like a good deal you got there Steph, what was / is the car (make, model, engine size). Was that with having done Pass Plus or anything?

#15 27-05-04 12:58:19

keslo66

hi there. this was for a peugeot 106 1.1 that was without pass plus. jsut a standard quote. then someone phones you from the company asking if you'd like to chat to try and get the premium down. i thought it was extremely good for a 17 year old.
steph xx

Board footer