You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 22-05-10 20:36:04

Disky
Verified Member
Website

Short Codes

Does anyone use this type of marketing strategy ?

Does it work, and is it cost effective ?

22-05-10 20:36:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Short Codes

#2 23-05-10 06:04:31

Busheyfields
Verified Member
Website

OK what is a "short code"?

#3 23-05-10 15:09:24

whodareswins
Verified Member

Try GOOGLE

Grade 6 ADI/Fleet Trainer, SAFED Registered Trainer, Qualified BTEC Assessor

#4 23-05-10 22:02:03

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

And try Wikipedia too.

Quote from Wikipedia article: "Messages sent to short code can be billed at a higher rate than a standard SMS and may even subscribe a customer to a reoccurring monthly service that will be added to their mobile phone bill until they text e.g. the word "STOP" to terminate the service."

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#5 23-05-10 22:18:08

Disky
Verified Member
Website

yes,, thats true,, but the campaign can be billed to the originator.

The idea is that the learner sends a text to a 5 digit number and i call them back. Most mobiles do free text so there is no cost to the learner,,, and they also like the technology behind it.

#6 27-05-10 15:40:56

Colin Martin
Verified Member
Website

I know I am not target audience being just about to hit 50. However, I am always suspicious of the short code numbers because there is usually small print saying operators normal rate plus. Apart from small print being difficult to read as eyes get older, I never know how this relates to my own contract so avoid using them.

I did get caught out on this with 0800 numbers on my mobile. I called an 0800 once and got a message from O2 saying dial this number in another way (can't remember what) and its still free. So I did. Then I used this for all 0800 numbers from my mobile. Got a bill. It seems that only certain 0800 numbers are free from my mobile. O2 were, as ever, very good and refunded the call money.

So I ask, is there a suspicion of certain numbers?

Colin Martin
The Bright Red L http://thebrightredl.com
Instructor Apps http://drivinginstructorapps.co.uk
Apps Video channel https://www.youtube.com/colinbythesea

Board footer