You are not logged in.

#1 15-05-10 06:11:25

Bashy

check test cancelled-24 hours notice :-(

Hi all,

Had a call from the DSA on Tuesday informing me that my check test due for Wednesday would be cancelled.
They tried to book me in with the same examiner (Peter Byrne) for end of JULY.
I asked if there were ANY closer and he managed to get me a slot for 9th June with Owen Corrigan.
Has anyone else had Owen? What's he like? I've heard Peter Byrne is a really good examiner and am gutted that it got cancelled because I had done lots of prep and was ready for it and wanted the grading.
BTW, this is my first check test. I passed my part 3 early this year.

Cheers

15-05-10 06:11:25

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: check test cancelled-24 hours notice :-(

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 15-05-10 06:33:47

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Hi

Owen took me for my first Check Test in Nov 06, he was a very friendly and approachable man, was great with my pupil, excellent feedback at the end with the good and the not so good stuff I was doing, very positive and encouraging and made me feel that Check Test's weren't something to be feared after all  wink 

Good luck with yours.

Caroline

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#3 15-05-10 07:32:25

Lynne
Verified Member

I've only heard good things about Owen too.  Nearly had him for c/t 3 years ago until 'white van man' ran into us on the way to the test centre.  Needless to say both my pupil and me were quite shaken up.  We got to t/c  in a bit of a dither, Owen was lovely and c/t was postponed.  I think Peter Byrne took over Owen's patch and works our way now (Essex).  Again, only heard good things about Peter too, so am sure you will be fine Bashy.

#4 15-05-10 18:25:16

Bashy

Thanks Caroline and Lynne. Makes me feel a bit better now. Was really dissapointed when it was cancelled. That's terrible bad luck Lynne when you had your CT. Whereabouts in Essex do you teach? I am also based in Essex (Tilbury/brentwood/Basildon areas).

#5 16-05-10 09:52:37

FRANKS
Verified Member

"I had done lots of prep and was ready for it and wanted the grading"

This statement I find worrying, what is the prep that you've done.

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 16-05-10 18:49:00

Lynne
Verified Member

Thanks Caroline and Lynne. Makes me feel a bit better now. Was really dissapointed when it was cancelled. That's terrible bad luck Lynne when you had your CT. Whereabouts in Essex do you teach? I am also based in Essex (Tilbury/brentwood/Basildon areas).

Hi Bashy

I'm in Southend and usually go to Bas Vegas   roll and occasionally a nice run up to Clacton now.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 17-05-10 06:59:57

Bashy

"I had done lots of prep and was ready for it and wanted the grading"

This statement I find worrying, what is the prep that you've done.

I've been planning a few different routes as I'm doing the Remedial lesson, so dependent upon the faults, have some routes planned although realise I need to be flexible.
Also, been reading some books on the subject and re watched some of Blaines videos.
It worries me that you are worried about something that doesn't concern you really, or do you secretly know me??

Board footer