You are not logged in.

#1 21-05-08 16:06:36

Super Mario

Silly things you've done whilst learning

Hi what silly or funny things have you done while learning?   big_smile Tried to drive off with the hand brake.  Getting my in and outs confused :? big_smile big_smile  So let's hear some funny things you've while learning to drive.

21-05-08 16:06:36

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Silly things you've done whilst learning

#2 22-05-08 20:03:38

Shazzer

Tried to pull off at a roundabout in 3rd and kept stalling and wondered why?? yikes!! thought I was in 1st (much better now)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 22-05-08 21:22:23

wolfchild08

Tried to pull off at a roundabout in 3rd and kept stalling and wondered why?? yikes!! thought I was in 1st (much better now)

I did that a couple of times when I started my lessons lol

Theory passed 1st time 19/1/08 49/50 65/75
1st Practical failed 15/5/08 2s 8m
2nd Practical failed 13/6/08 - 1d
3rd Practical failed 27/6/08 - 2s 13m
4th Practical failed 11/7/08 - 3s 10m
5th Practical passed 2/8/08 - 7m

#4 23-05-08 11:31:46

egirl

Used to have a problem  telling my left from right  yikes, so I painted my thumb nails different colours to help. My ADI thought I was crazy!, really helped though, can do it like the rest of you now  wink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 23-05-08 21:00:38

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Tried to drive off with the hand brake.

Worringly enough i have done this, not so long ago actually. I pulled away from my daughters school, didnt seem to much of a scruggle, but while i was driving i kept thinking to myself, why is my car wanting to brake? Kept on driving, changing down gear as my car was really pulling and slowing down, on a quiet road i took it out of gear and let it roll, and still think to myself why is my car braking by itself? Still puzzled i get to my house, pull up onto the drive, 3 miles after i had pulled off from the school and go to put my handbrake on.....Oh ??????, its still on...arh so thats why my car was braking by itself..i had left the handbrake on.. I have been driving for 5 yrs and although i knew my car was braking i didnt think to check the handbrake.  :?.It happens to the best of us (hopefully) When i got out of the car, there was a strong smell of burning,  and a week later i hade to replace my brake pads.. sad

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

#6 09-05-10 14:25:32

itsjojustjo

I could own this thread  big_smile

hmm....one day i will pass! :angel:

#7 09-05-10 17:31:37

bellydancer

my worst one was not being very good in counting exits in the roundabouts  :oops: ....drove my poor instructor round the bend in more ways than one!  lol

Board footer