You are not logged in.

#1 02-05-10 16:21:20

little miss sunshine

Could someone tell me .....

Hi, If I could just ask a question? What is meant by a protected corner?

02-05-10 16:21:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Could someone tell me .....

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 02-05-10 16:33:03

driver69

Never heard that term before, in what context was it used or where did you hear it? Could you be talking about protected right turns? such as :

http://www.peterjackson.org.uk/ghost/ghost.html

#3 02-05-10 16:35:29

little miss sunshine

Yes, protected right turns

#4 02-05-10 16:38:42

martin Williams
Verified Member

Its what it says the corner is protected. An example of this could be double yellow lines to prevent parking. In the same context the entrance of a school could be protected by yellow zigzag markings. Other areas can be protected by hatched markings.

#5 02-05-10 16:44:12

little miss sunshine

Thankyou for replying but could I just ask an other question? or any advice would be grateful ? I recently failed my 3rd attempt of part 3, could anyone explain when the 2 year wait period begins and ends?

#6 02-05-10 17:31:48

martin Williams
Verified Member

The 2 years starts from the date you passed your part 1 theory test.

#7 02-05-10 19:14:06

Spike
Verified Member

Really sorry to hear about your Pt3 result. I know exactly what you're going through as I've been there myself!

When you start again (and I hope you do) you really need to consider who you are training with. Please don't take this the wrong way, but reading back through some of your previous posts, it seems that there were some major gaps in you training. This is in no way a slight against you - I failed 3 times through lack of adequate training and, like yourself, I had serious gaps in my knowledge and understanding of both the Part 3 test and how to do the job effectively.

Second time around I spent some money on a decent trainer and as a consequence, passed Pt3 very easily.

Good luck with your next attempt and stick around here - there's some great advice on this forum!

Board footer