You are not logged in.

#1 26-04-10 18:58:57

martin Williams
Verified Member

How much can I claim on car?

At the moment I have 2 cars one for personal use and one for driving instruction both are owned by myself.
At the moment I claim on miles around say 25,000 a year which = £7750 to off set against my tax. I claim 100% of this because its used for business only.
Im now considering selling my personal use car which I do around 3000 miles a year.
These 3000 personal miles will now be done in my learner car.
Is it just a matter of logging down them personal miles and taking them off at the end of the tax year or is there a fixed % used for calculations.
Hope that makes sense. Thank you for your advise. 

26-04-10 18:58:57

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: How much can I claim on car?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 27-04-10 05:42:26

Busheyfields
Verified Member
Website

I log the business miles on a daily basis, start mileage, end mileage, miles travelled and hours taught and then base my tax return on the actual business mileage.

#3 27-04-10 13:17:36

jonsmithuk
Verified Member

If you make a mistake it will be very expensive. You will be taxed on private milage as if you were working. You need to log all journeys privately taken and then calculate the percentage of your mileage for work and private use.

Board footer