You are not logged in.

#1 19-04-10 16:29:14

maidenmu
Verified Member

ADI trainer Northern Ireland?

Hi,

I have recently passed part 2 (second attempt) and have had a few hours part 3 but now that my 60 hours is up I am not sure if I want to stay with the instructor I have used up to now or move to another one.  I payed up front the big fee with one of the big companies.

I do not know any driving instructors so I am unsure how to go about picking another 1 other than randomly from the yellow pages, does anyone have any advise on choosing one or can recommend one, I am based in Belfast Northern Ireland.  Also I have read in other forums about using driving buddies, would anyone recommend getting one of these and if so how would I go about getting one (advertise?).

19-04-10 16:29:14

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ADI trainer Northern Ireland?

#2 19-04-10 17:36:05

mon
Verified Member
Website

I'd recommend Dave Craig from Larne to you.He does all the training at Dill Rd.
Mon

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 19-04-10 18:31:07

Luchell
Verified Member

Hi there and welcome to the forum  smile

Pop a new post in the section below, the training buddies section  smile

You will probably get some ideas on what to put from what others have put up previously.

http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/fo … 283.0.html

Feel free to join on in on the boards here, how far into your part 3 training do you feel you may be? 60 hours that you bought was obviously a package type deal? It never hurts to have an assessment with someone else just to find out if you would rather stay with the chap you are with currently or if you prefer someone you end up having an assessment with. It's important that YOU feel the training is right for you to, and that the trainers have your best interests at heart as well  smile

#4 19-04-10 18:41:31

Luchell
Verified Member

Oops I meant to add picking a name out of a hat (or the yellow pages, for me it's a similar idea if you've never heard of the companies you see there) sometimes googling to find them may give away more info, you could consider popping a post up on the forum to ask if anyone has heard of / dealt with a particular company if you see one you might like if you do ring them get a sense of how interested in YOU and YOUR training they are. Do they quote a price then want to get off the phone? (Yes i realise that some people don't have the time to go through things on the phone but you can often get a sense of how interested in you and your goal someone is by asking a few questions and 'getting a feel' for the service that person/company is offering)   Posting this post is a great start just incase others know of someone from experience they might recommend to you.

It's YOUR money so make sure if there's things you would like to ask jotting them down on a bit of paper may help if you're like me and forget to ask or get distracted   roll lol) You mention you feel the structure doesn't quite seem to be there on sessions currently so I would suggest looking into that further with any prospective trainer you contact. How do they intend on structuring a course for you?

Also make a list of MUST HAVES that you feel YOU want within that training. Things you aren't perhaps that willi ng to compromise on, for instance can you pay per session? Do you have to pay for a block of hours up front? Is there an assessment of some sort where you and the trainer can make sure your styles match so to speak before being comitted to buying a lump of hours if you're hoping for that as opposed to paying per session. Obviously discounts may be available for block booking training hours but make sure you have thought about what will work for you before you call a number!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 19-04-10 18:47:55

driver69

I'd recommend Dave Craig from Larne to you.He does all the training at Dill Rd.
Mon

One thing about Dave is he will not abandon you when you have passed and is always at the end of the phone during training. Even after passing part 3 Dave was only too happy to give me advice long after.

He does PAYG so if you don't like his style you can walk away.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 20-04-10 09:50:17

maidenmu
Verified Member

Oops I meant to add picking a name out of a hat (or the yellow pages, for me it's a similar idea if you've never heard of the companies you see there) sometimes googling to find them may give away more info, you could consider popping a post up on the forum to ask if anyone has heard of / dealt with a particular company if you see one you might like if you do ring them get a sense of how interested in YOU and YOUR training they are. Do they quote a price then want to get off the phone? (Yes i realise that some people don't have the time to go through things on the phone but you can often get a sense of how interested in you and your goal someone is by asking a few questions and 'getting a feel' for the service that person/company is offering)   Posting this post is a great start just incase others know of someone from experience they might recommend to you.

It's YOUR money so make sure if there's things you would like to ask jotting them down on a bit of paper may help if you're like me and forget to ask or get distracted   roll lol) You mention you feel the structure doesn't quite seem to be there on sessions currently so I would suggest looking into that further with any prospective trainer you contact. How do they intend on structuring a course for you?

Also make a list of MUST HAVES that you feel YOU want within that training. Things you aren't perhaps that willi ng to compromise on, for instance can you pay per session? Do you have to pay for a block of hours up front? Is there an assessment of some sort where you and the trainer can make sure your styles match so to speak before being comitted to buying a lump of hours if you're hoping for that as opposed to paying per session. Obviously discounts may be available for block booking training hours but make sure you have thought about what will work for you before you call a number!

Thanks Luchell, some really good advise.

#7 28-04-10 20:09:07

gmyc
Verified Member

Would recommend John Usherr, was brilliant for me and is always happy for me to give him a call if I have any questions.  big_smile

If at first you don't succeed - skydiving isn't for you!!

#8 29-04-10 07:32:48

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

I'd recommend Keith Williams, though hes with Red now. Also Stephen Morris. Theres not too many good part 3 trainers and Im guessing theyve all been mentioned now.

Board footer