You are not logged in.

#1 23-10-08 22:03:53

William Ingram
Verified Member
Website

Ford Fiesta 1.4 6 year old only 57k on the clock

This has been the worse week of my instructor life. On Saturday during a lesson, my timing Tensioner pulley buckled, i stopped the engine and called the RAC, frantastic they were. Towed the car to a garage who fitted a new pulley and timing chain-engine dead. So a secondhand engine was ordered and fitted at a price of £981.23p. A week later I had the car back. Within 20 miles there was a distinct lack of power from the engine- it would stall every junction. I toe-healed the gas and clutch for several miles.

Back to the garage who took 3 days to find the fault and decided to change the catylatic converter £198.21. Engining working fine until the engine management light came on - an air leak on the manfold exhaust.

Out on the road today, a pupil pulled away in first and tried to go up the gears while tearing the ars. off the engine. The !!!!!!!! gear cable came out of its housing. RAC came to the rescue once again. How many lives do we have with the RAC.

The whole story took two weeks to resolve. Thats two weeks of not having a car and great understanding pupils all of whom I still have.

C&G PTILL 7303
NCFE Accountancy and BookKeeping
IAM Instructor
Present L3 BTEC Certificate in Life Coaching

23-10-08 22:03:53

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.4 6 year old only 57k on the clock

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 17-04-10 09:54:56

Hale
Verified Member
Website

I had car problems earlier this year. As a result i have a brand new car and will never have a car that's out of warranty again.
You can get lucky with cars and happily tick along way up and beyond 80,000k.

But it is pure luck and at the end of the day and a risk i wont take again. I see regular busy ADIs around with cars that must be tipping the 80k mark and i always wonder if they realise just how much disruption and cost it will cause to business should anything significant go wrong.

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

#3 17-04-10 13:17:33

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

I have decided 70k is about right for a change. Interestingly, an adi hire company keeps theirs  until 60k.
I think you've been unlucky with only 57k. I guess we can all buy a baddun'.
Think I'd be getting rid sooner rather than later, from what you say.

Hilary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

Board footer