You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 27-03-10 19:10:55

Madhatter
Verified Member

New Polo?

Hello,

Does anyone have a new Polo? Thinking of exchanging my Fiesta for one when renewal comes up in July. Reviews seem mixed.

I would love to hear from anyone who has one or has been to look at one.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Moran - ADI Cornwall - www.timmoranschoolofmotoring.co.uk

27-03-10 19:10:55

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: New Polo?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#2 28-03-10 17:06:02

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hello,

Does anyone have a new Polo? Thinking of exchanging my Fiesta for one when renewal comes up in July. Reviews seem mixed.

I would love to hear from anyone who has one or has been to look at one.

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tim,
Sorry for sticking my beak in here, but I have the new Polo, it's a 1.4 in nimbus grey, (mines an Auto) well actually it's a tiptronic, but I tell you it is so lovely runs really smooth, lots of power, really comfortable plenty of good clear all round view, and it's really good on juice.
Just to add, it has a 7 speed gear box.

Giz.

#3 28-03-10 18:56:28

george
Verified Member
Website

I have a PDI who have a new 1.6 TDi SE. It's lush! Cable Duals were very easy to fit when he stopped messing around.

Compared to my 1.4 TDi it felt a little under powered, but that's prob a good thing for the pups. Lots of cool stuff going on with draws under seats, extra 12v socket in boot, gear indicator, led on end of door mirror for indicators.

When I order mine I'll get the SEL model as the extra money is good value for what you get. I expect them to bring out a six speed box for the diesel within a year. For now, only the petrol has a six speed box.

Paul Shackleton DSA ADI.-----DSA Fleet, Diamond Advanced, NVQ L3 In driver Training & Assessment, A1 & Ordit

#4 29-03-10 12:25:51

Hale
Verified Member
Website

Test drove a 1.2 petrol manual.
Found the clutch very stiff and difficult to hold at biting point. The clutch pedal once released came up very high.
Rear view mirror seemed tiny and the view seemed very small. Quite noisy as well on acceleration, apparently due to the fact its a 3 cylinder.

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

#5 29-03-10 19:58:35

Madhatter
Verified Member

Thanks for the replies and for the PMs, all good advice.

Tim

Tim Moran - ADI Cornwall - www.timmoranschoolofmotoring.co.uk

Board footer