tongue

16-05-09 13:30:54

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ADI Gradings

#127 16-05-09 14:14:17

evanadi

Angelson you win, lets all speak Welsh ok. Your agenda is firmly fixed so lets leave it there.

Just by the way we have a visiting SE that facilitates Welsh speaking candidates.

Just to clarify one other point:

My family tree:

Father born in Llanybyther (Welsh/English Speaking)

Grandfather born Llanybyther (Welsh/English Speaking)
Grandmother born Lampeter (Welsh/English Speaking)

All fathers family uncles, aunts, cousins live in West/Mid Wales (all Welsh/English speaking).

I get on with them all, but guess what I have no interest in speaking Welsh, it is of no use to ME in my day to day life.

That is what you call freedom of choice, is that ok with you Angelson? Ev

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#128 16-05-09 14:30:12

angleson
Verified Member

Angelson you win, lets all speak Welsh ok. Your agenda is firmly fixed so lets leave it there.

Just by the way we have a visiting SE that facilitates Welsh speaking candidates. Ev

Not looking to win anything, Ev.The predicament I've been in on 2 occasions have left me in a difficult position. Someone mentioned on the forum that their experience with check-tests had been ok and I said mine hadn't been and so I've tried to explain why.

Thanks for the discussion.

Out of interest what does that visiting SE do to facilitate Welsh speaking candidates?

All the best,

Wyn

#129 16-05-09 14:33:52

evanadi

I have had my final say on this thread. Ev wink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#130 16-05-09 16:59:48

angleson
Verified Member

Just by the way we have a visiting SE that facilitates Welsh speaking candidates.

Just to clarify one other point:

My family tree:

Father born in Llanybyther (Welsh/English Speaking)

Grandfather born Llanybyther (Welsh/English Speaking)
Grandmother born Lampeter (Welsh/English Speaking)

All fathers family uncles, aunts, cousins live in West/Mid Wales (all Welsh/English speaking).

I get on with them all, but guess what I have no interest in speaking Welsh, it is of no use to ME in my day to day life.

That is what you call freedom of choice, is that ok with you Angelson? Ev

Sorry - I hadn't seen the addition to your post.

Is that ok with me? Well of course it is. Who am I to say you can't speak English? There's a chance that I'd be the same way inclined if I were in your position. But the fact remains, I'm not and that's why I think that cultural and life experiences form our opinions and influence our decisions.

My father was born in Llandyfrydog and spoke only Welsh until about 5 yo when he was taught English as a second language in school. Spoke English pretty well by the time I was around but he was never as fluent in English as he was in Welsh. He never had a reason to be so.

My grandfather was born in Llangwyllog and died when I was 14. As far as I can remember he was able to get by in English but never really needed to unless someone who visited his farm only spoke English. Otherwise he never had to speak English.

All the best,

Wyn

#131 16-05-09 17:38:47

VandADI
Administrator

Can we stay on topic please?  wink

#132 16-05-09 17:48:03

angleson
Verified Member

In a strange way, Vanadi, I think it was necessary, but no more from me.

#133 05-09-09 15:23:31

nay7272

I was upset that I had got a 5/4 for my last attempt, as I wasn't far away from a grade 6 at part 1, and everyone that I have told I have passed I told them the same that I could have done better

#134 28-03-10 14:01:37

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

I had a bad check test the other week which puts me in the worst 1% of all driving instructors UK wide.
Having read the SE's report I have to agree with most that was said, I guess I was having a bad day.
Dispite the gloom and doom my pass rate this year to date is 66.6% ( 8 out of 12 ) 3 of the 4 that failed passed next time round

I'm going to have another check test soon ( no date set yet )and am treating this as a real challange aiming to get that grade 6 after I revisit my trainer who trained me 4 years ago and will look into further training on the ordit reg.

Rather hoping not to have an "off" day for the check test and not be soo nervious next time.

Si.

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#135 28-03-10 16:18:14

Evan
Administrator

I was upset that I had got a 5/4 for my last attempt, as I wasn't far away from a grade 6 at part 1, and everyone that I have told I have passed I told them the same that I could have done better

You mean on your part 3 test not your check you won't get graded on a part 3.

#136 28-03-10 16:23:39

KevB
Verified Member
Website

Hey Si,
  I was only thinking about you the other day, hadn't seen you posting for some time.

sorry to hear about your off day. Good luck on your next 1.

Kev.

#137 28-03-10 17:23:36

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Hi Even and Kev,

Even, it was my actual check test, 2.5 years ago I was a 4, now I've downgraded myself to a bloomin 3

Kev, Thanks for thinking of me lol, I have been quiet, just doing soo many driving lessons, and had been training for a half marathon, now gonna have to train for the half of the check test.

All the best
Si

#138 24-06-10 10:41:31

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that my grade 3 performance last March has now been boosted to a grade 5
Decided to do role play and covered the same subject pedx and msn.

Watching some of Blame Walsh's vids helped.

The SE did inform me that I will receive a letter from the DSA to remind me not to let my standards slip since I got a 3 last time, so I lookforward to the letter.

Cheers
Si.

#139 24-06-10 12:56:22

Luchell
Verified Member

That's fantastic news Si, Congrats  smile smile

#140 24-06-10 22:13:55

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

Wahey! Good news.  big_smile

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

Board footer