You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 23-03-10 17:32:08

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

Check test number 2.....

So I'm into my 4th year as an ADI now, had my 1st check test 6 months after qualifying and was satisfied with my 4 had check test number 2 today. I went in with the same attitude as my 1st one - no training, bog standard lesson, if the result shows that I need training then so be it.

As with the last one getting a pupil who didn't mind having someone sat in the back wasn't easy so put an ad on our local online notice board asking for a complete novice driver, someone who's never moved a car in their life, who didn't mind being a guinea pig for my check test. I got a whole one responce! So had a little natter on the phone with him, arranged day and time and that was that.

I'd decided to do what I felt was one of my strongest lessons - moving off and stopping. Picked up pupil at 11.30 drove over to car park near test centre and did controls lesson as far as starting engine. All good, no issues, nice articulate pupil who wasn't afraid to chat, unlike some!

Had a short break, went into TC and waited. Just so happens learner tests going out at same time so no hiding from other ADI's what was going on, one of which qualified same time as me and is yet to have a check test. I suggested he should mention it to the SE when he came out big_smile

SE comes out, has a quick natter, I explain what we'll do, he chats with pupil and off we go. Had planned to use my normal car park which is only populated by dog walkers but the travelling fair moved in last week so had to try and find another site. It wasn't ideal but did the job. Then just did my normal move off and stop lesson and hoped for the best. I have scanned in my result sheet....

big_smile big_smile big_smile

23-03-10 17:32:08

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check test number 2.....

#2 23-03-10 17:35:26

johnnyfr
Verified Member
Website

Absolutely superb, Chris!!!!

Well done!!!

DSA ADI (car) -- DSA Fleet Driver Trainer [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk/grade6adi.php]Grade 6[/URL] -- ORDIT Registered Trainer
Level 4 PTLLS, Rospa Gold, NVQ Level 3 Driving Instruction, A1 Assessors Award, [URL=http://www.brake.org.uk]Brake[/URL] Road Safety Ambassador, DIA Taxi Trainer.
Visit us for [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk]Driving Lessons[/URL] or [URL=http://www.accufleet.co.uk]Fleet Driver Training[/URL]

#3 23-03-10 17:53:32

VandADI
Administrator

Fantastic result, I bet you are well chuffed!  smile

#4 23-03-10 18:29:51

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

I am indeed. I supppose I'm gloating a bit but if I can't over this then when can I!!!

#5 23-03-10 18:38:10

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Congratulations  big_smile   Waiting for my second invite any time soon  neutral

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#6 23-03-10 22:05:46

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

Amazing!! Well done!! I am very very jealous. 

Your examiner has a crazy signature, its just a blur of vertical lines - if I had to decipher it I'd say his name was LlllllLllllligln       big_smile

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#7 23-03-10 23:39:41

Adi1234

Well Done A result That could not be bettered. I would be over the moon with that. Was the se very complimentary in the debrief.

#8 24-03-10 08:59:41

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

Morning all,
Thanks for the lovely words - still cock-a-hoop over the result.

In the de-brief the SE asked me how I thought it went and I said that was a pretty normal moving off / stopping lesson. We achieved what we set out to, it was smooth, steady, relaxed and any little minor errors were sorted (he had his clipboard close to his chest so I couldn't see his mark sheet!).

His take on it was:

"a lovely lesson, one of the nicest I've seen in a long time" - good start!

"He obviously had some natural talent for driving and I wasn't sure if it was that that made it so good or the fact that you were that good and you just brought it out of him" - probably a bit of both.

"Nice and controlled, well-communicated - lots of people hide behind a clipboard and diagrams" - I didn't show one all lesson.

"The location was perfect, you took out the problems of other traffic by using an empty car park but did mention this when introducing MSM even though it wasn't particularly relevant but sowing the seeds for next lesson"

"Your pupil was a good communicator which helped but you communicated well with him - you weren't afraid to look him in the eye and talk TO him rather than AT him. You asked relevant questions and used his underlying patchy knowledge to help him understand what was going on eg clutch and biting point, he mentioned his use of power tools (He's a carpenter) and use of a clutch with those...."

"All in all I couldn't fault it!"

So yes, complimentary but also very useful comments.

#9 24-03-10 22:48:36

jlo31
Verified Member
Website

What a superb result. As said above you can't get better than that. Be proud of that  :angel:

RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction
IAM Motorcycle
DSA ADI (Car)
DSA Fleet registered trainer (Grade 5)
www.PrecisionDriverTraining.co.

#10 25-03-10 08:16:09

lucy
Verified Member
Website

Well done a very good result and sounds like it was a good lesson, has the pupil booked more lessons?

#11 25-03-10 13:31:34

robinsamuels
Verified Member
Website

Very nice, well done!

When it gets to the stage of sadobestionecrophilia, give up: Otherwise known as flogging a dead horse!

http://www.robinsdriving.co.uk

#12 25-03-10 19:29:53

Rob19

Congratulations  big_smile

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet Registered Trainer, RoSPA Diploma, IAM, Cardington Special Test Grade A, Driving Instructor Trainer, Full PCV licence holder, Member of DIA and MSA

#13 25-03-10 20:22:15

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

nice one, well done drummer boy

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#14 26-03-10 07:15:37

hector
Verified Member
Website

Absolutely superb, Chris!!!!

Well done!!!

Johnny boy that beats yours!  big_smile Well done chris.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Board footer