You are not logged in.

#1 22-03-10 00:04:00

psm

Dual Controls

Has anyone taken the part 3 WITHOUT dual controls?

Having read through a lot of the ADI books, they all seem to assume all cars will have dual controls.  Looking at the DSA test forms they have a check box for if they are fitted or not.

Is there anything else an instructor would need to do if they were not fitted?

Any advice would be appreciated.

22-03-10 00:04:00

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Dual Controls

#2 22-03-10 00:19:15

Aspyre

You can do it without them.......... I did know a girl some years ago who did it in a car without duals and she had to use the handbrake to stop the DE emerging.. I can't remember if she passed or not.

I'm assuming things haven't changed.

#3 22-03-10 01:43:53

Adi1234

Took My part three In my own car which had no dual controls was no problem.  the best dual control Is your voice.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 22-03-10 07:04:29

RobC
Verified Member
Website

You can do it without them.......... I did know a girl some years ago who did it in a car without duals and she had to use the handbrake to stop the DE emerging.. I can't remember if she passed or not.

I'm assuming things haven't changed.

I took my Pt3 in my own car without duals fitted, though I would have imagined that a PDI would fail for using the handbrake in an emergency stop, a learner certainly would.

If the correct verbal instruction to stop had been given by the PDI, the examiner wold have stopped without the PDI having to resort to demonstrating incorrect use of the handbrake.

www.midasbustraining.webs.com
Midas Minibus Driver Assessor Trainer & Passenger Assistant Trainer
DVSA Fleet Registered Trainer

#5 22-03-10 07:45:43

ADI Education
Verified Member
Website

No problem with that.
They should not be required on test for the use of taking evasive action as the examiner will not committ any dangerous faults, however they could be useful (not essential ) for the purpose of a demonstration particularly at phase 1 beginner.

I am a former Police Driving Instructor and Ex DSA ADI examiner. My qualifications include: BTEC Level 4 Police Driving Skills, BTEC Level 3 in Teaching Advanced driving, NVQ A1 Assessors awrard, DIAmond advanced test, RoSPA gold, Cardington A. I am a grade 6 DSA Instructor, fleet trained and a Class 1 Police Driver. www.janeclarkedrivinginstructortraining.co.uk

#6 22-03-10 10:20:30

psm

Thanks.

That all makes sense. 

Board footer