You are not logged in.

#1 09-03-10 12:23:09

nay7272

lorry drivers

I cannot believe what happened to me yesterday. My pupil was driving down the road and there is a low bridge she slowed down as it  was on a bend and just as we was about to enter a HGV came from the other direction and it was to high for the bridge he carried on and a crushed car just missed our car by about 3 feet. (that is due to my learner doing a excellent emergency stop) some debris did hit the car. When the police officer came out all he did was issue him a fixed penalty notice!
I am sure that there would have been more offences and should have been taken to court if we wouldn't have slowed down the crushed car would have landed on top of my car. Why carn't lorry drivers understand that they are to high bridges and stop?
I also lost a days wage yesterday by trying to get my car looked at  :x

09-03-10 12:23:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: lorry drivers

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 09-03-10 13:32:08

Luchell
Verified Member

I watched similar events unfold whilst sitting in the back of one of my pupils tests. When we apprached the low bridge in question it became clear the road was blocked where the lorry had driven into and got stuck on the bridge itself shearing off some of it's roof  yikes DOH

The examiner was very helpful as my candidate had no other option but to reverse right the way back through a tight country road back to a blind junction to get back out again. Best bit was when we were able to see who was driving behind that lorry as it got itself wedged. A police car  lol OOPS

#3 09-03-10 14:23:50

graemeg
Verified Member
Website

As a ex-lorry driver I have to stick up for them here, it works both ways.

A few years ago I was driving a artic and approaching a set of traffic lights with 2 lanes on app and a parking area outside some shops. I was turning left so moved out into the middle of the 2 lanes to get enough room to turn. I was not leaving enough room on either side for any cars to come along side and could see down both sides in my mirrors, and signalling left. When the lights changed I moved out and started my turn into the minor road, a tipper lorry coming down the minor road started flashing his lights and waving franticly at me, after I had moved off a lady in a car who was parked back at the shops decided she could squeeze round!! I could just see her bonnet in my kerb mirror, when I got out she was about 3 inches from being crushed between the cab and trailer. Talk about a near-miss!!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 09-03-10 21:53:37

ExAdiNigel

....I also lost a days wage yesterday by trying to get my car looked at  :x

So add that on to the claim you are making against his insurance for the damage caused by the debris that did hit your car.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Board footer