You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 06-03-10 05:33:50

skoolbus
Verified Member
Website

Woop woop passed at last....

On Tuesday I passed part 3 at last with a 4/5.  This was my second attempt with the same SE at Hornchurch.  I got PST no 4 which to be honest was the only PST I was dreading as I can do the left reverse easy with real pupils but always struggled with this in my training.

So here goes my little write up at 4.00 am in the morning and the little ones in bed.    big_smile

Phase 1 left reverse partly trained normal instructor on holiday.
Done normal intro, cockpit drill and as we were parked in bay outside test centre talked him through reversing slightly and checked he was ok moving away from an angle.  We drove to the site which he did perfectly, I only checked if he was ok with a meeting situation and slowed him down for width restrictions and I remember thinking where are the faults? At site done objective and brief.  I got him to drive over to start position really slowly assessing the target road and got him to start position, he did attempt to have the clutch slightly high to go quicker but I got it lowered a fraction and got feet still before we released handbrake.  Got a ref point for straight reverse but forgot to establish danger zone but rectified it when the first car appeared and stopped him straight away.  He reversed back to point of turn and got a ref point.  I got the first attempt at corner wrong as I got him turned initially slightly too much and was coming into kerb too much,  I would have been ok if I had listened to his lifeline of " I cant see the corner now" as at this point I could of saved the corner.  So started the manouevre again and nailed it second go until straightening up were I got tongue tied slightly and confused with me left and rights in reverse.  I stopped him immediately, regained thoughts and composure and finished the manouvre.  We then went back to start position and he ended the phase.  I remember relaxing then and thinking I might have scrapped through with that.  So was really determined to nail Phase 2.

Phase 2 Trained emerging.  Pupil near test standard had stopped lessons and was private practising and wanted a few lessons before test.
Got Intro,cockpit drill, recap and objective done.  He started off doing mirror signal ok and was getting positioning wrong for right turns and stopping slightly short.  So core comped and got him to establish his 2 ref points.  Perfect next corner with prompt and from then on ok.  He did the same for left and i core comped and sorted.  He was the attempting to rush his Obs and get away quickly in 2nd gear on one corner, So again I core comped and got his aproach and observation right.  He then started being lazy with his MSM not looking in right mirrors and signalling really quickly so obviously not really looking properly for the right things.  So I talked him through once, then prompted and he was ok from then on.  The last fault he through me was coasting a long way up to a red light, this may of been a lifeline as I hadn't noticed any coasting previous but I had been pro active in getting his foot not using the clutch which was covering sometimes on approach to major from minor turns.  We then pulled up at test centre for the dreaded 5 minute wait.  I actually thought I had probably narrowly failed 4/3 this time but to my surprise it was a 4/5.

I done my training with Red at Brentwood with 6 different trainers, so a big thank you to Peter, Ian,Tom, Ceri and Karen and the guy from Wolverhampton who was on loan (Sorry I forgot your name if you read this).  I think I did about 70 of their hours.

Also a big thank you to Blaine Walsh's video site which has been fantastic for me as I didnt have the time to buddy up with anyone.  The videos really made sense of the training and helped me with my practice.  Thanks Blaine

Also John Farlams website and VTS has been great.  Thanks John.

Big thankyou to all the posters on here, this site has really helped me get a feel for the industry and often got rid of any confusion just by having a quick search.

I also taught 2 learners for free during my training which gave me great confidence that I could do this and made me comfortable in the instructor seat.  Both passed with 3 minors, one first attempt and one 3rd.  I have another part trained but she can pay now, at last a paying customer.   big_smile

Lastly a big thankyou to the my better half who has really supported me financially and emotionally through tough training.  Thanks kids as well,  sorry Ive spent so much time on this but its all for you.

My write up has turned into an acceptance speach onto the adi register.  Sorry peeps  big_smile

06-03-10 05:33:50

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Woop woop passed at last....

#2 06-03-10 09:01:37

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

Well Done.!!
I'm going pink next month, so hopefully I'll be joining the ADI club a few months later smile

Passed Part 1 - 08/12/09. 2nd attempt 99/65
Passed Part 2 - 20/01/10. 1st attempt 'Zero Faults'
Passed Part 3 - 29/06/10. 1st attempt 4 - 5

#3 06-03-10 09:17:07

george
Verified Member
Website

Well done, now where is the after party big_smile

Paul Shackleton DSA ADI.-----DSA Fleet, Diamond Advanced, NVQ L3 In driver Training & Assessment, A1 & Ordit

#4 06-03-10 13:24:49

jlo31
Verified Member
Website

Well done. Sounds like a real good pass as well!

Cheers

jlo31

RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction
IAM Motorcycle
DSA ADI (Car)
DSA Fleet registered trainer (Grade 5)
www.PrecisionDriverTraining.co.

#5 06-03-10 16:44:56

skoolbus
Verified Member
Website

Thanks peeps.

Tregster hope you have a good time on the pink and get in the club first attempt.  I didn't do the pink route as I never felt ready for anything after 40 hours and was just starting to get things right after 60.  The real pupils I did for free helped loads though.

George, this aint the Oscars  big_smile  I did celebrate by driving to Southampton to watch my beloved Saints beat Huddersfield 5-0.  It was a perfect day.

jlo31 I made it sound good but the important core comp scores tell a different story.  My IAR for phase 1 was 444 and for phase 2 655.  The luck of the gods were with me. Weirdly my phase 1 felt better than phase 2.  A pass is a pass though.

Board footer