You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 01-03-10 21:37:52

JED
Verified Member

1st check test coming up!

After a couple of cancelled check tests, my first one is coming up this week.  I've opted for role play, doing junctions.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Jane

01-03-10 21:37:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 1st check test coming up!

#2 02-03-10 19:24:59

Marco Polo
Website

Why are you chosing role play?

#3 02-03-10 21:54:31

JED
Verified Member

Why not?  I was hoping for some constructive advice from someone who has done role play.  I intend to post a write up of my result to help others who may be considering role play. 

#4 02-03-10 22:00:26

Evan
Administrator

Hi JED I would pm la monikita I know she took a role play check test and got a grade 6 so its worth exchanging some thoughts with her.

Ev

#5 02-03-10 22:13:48

JED
Verified Member

Thanks Ev - that's really helpful!  smile

#6 03-03-10 08:33:18

Marco Polo
Website

Hi Jed,

I asked the question about why you choose role play over having a pupil so that I could go on to give you constructive advice having understood you reasons for choosing role play. I took my first check test recently with an ex pupil. I acheived a grade 5. The feedback I received from the SE was that had I changed my lesson plan half way through to better suit the pupils needs I could have got a better grade.

I also found that getting some training and meeting the SE a few days before the test were really helpful

I have posted several posts on several ADI forums that talk about my check test in quite a lot of detail. Feel free to search for them. I am Marco Polo on all the forums.

Good Luck and all the best for your test.

Mark

#7 14-03-10 18:14:27

paulaball
Verified Member

you say ex pupil.
had they passed there test already ??

#8 15-03-10 01:18:45

Adi1234

I chose roleplay on my first check test Because I did well at part 3 and thought I should do the same.  was fearful of the unknown taking a real pupil to the check test. I chose the remedial lesson dl25 issued because that meant I did not need to do a full subject brief. The whole ct revolved around core comps which suited me well. And I managed a grade 4 on first ct

#9 17-03-10 08:00:46

RJHGT
Verified Member
Website

1ST Ceck Test 11 March which was not an educational as it was over 12 months since qualifying!
I chose role play, purely as I didnt want to be let down at the last minute by a pupil.
I chose Pedestrian Crossings and MSM and graded 5

Very little feedback, Graded me a 5 and she said could of easily been a 6, so maybe in 4 years eh?

I am glad though I did get a bit of check test training in first  smile

Driver & Rider Training Centre www.rjhgroup.co.uk ADI Approved Driving Instructor Grade 5 (Car) DAS Direct Access Scheme Instructor (Motorcycle) DSA Driving Standards Agency- ATB Authorised Training Body (Motorcycle) RPMT Register of Post-test Motorcycle Trainer

Board footer