You are not logged in.

#1 18-02-10 09:27:39

judy_83

1st attempt at Part 3

Any advice appreciated as usual.  big_smile

My part 3 is booked for next week and i'm not entirely confident.  Do I go for it and use the attempt for the experience and feedback or do I postpone it a while.  It's a difficult one, if I postpone my training company will not pay for the part 3 tests.  I still have a few hours training left before the test but I need to make a decision pretty quick.

Any pearls of wisdom?? 

Thank you

18-02-10 09:27:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 1st attempt at Part 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 18-02-10 09:50:35

jay666
Website

Personally i would say if you are not feeling confident then do not sit the test. You only get 3 chances and you should not waste one if you are going to go into it feeling negative. I passed second time but both times went in 100% confident of a pass.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Oh and ps, I learnt more on my first one hour test than i did in my whole training.

Jay smile

#3 23-02-10 18:47:48

neptune999

Hi judy, have you had any mock test from your trainer, what were the results. If they were favourable and your instructor says you are ready, go for it. Poor mock test normally result in failure, don't waste your 3 attempts.

Regards

Steve

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 23-02-10 19:54:56

john55
Verified Member

if I postpone my training company will not pay for the part 3 tests.

i agree with the above. don't do it if you're not ready. postpone it in plenty of time and your training company won't lose the fee and more importantly you wont lose a life. i'm assuming if you booked your test you did so on the advice of your trainer so why aren't you confident, is it just pre-test nerves? does your trainer know you don't feel confident?

did the fee you paid include payment for tests. why won't they pay if you postpone. is there some sort of time limit involved?

If you can't do it safely don't do it at all

#5 24-02-10 07:44:39

judy_83

In answer to the people who are wondering why I would go ahead and not postpone - my training company have said that I have to take my 1st attempt within 3 months of starting training.  If I don't they won't give me the extra training if I fail and they won't pay for any subsequent tests, which in my opinion is outrageous considering the amount it cost for the package.

I know everyone's advice has been to postpone if i'm not ready, but financially that really isn't an option at the moment.  Was thinking I could do this one, gain experience and feedback and then take extra training.  Either way this company have stipulated 3 months between. 

I really wish i could follow everyones advice on this one, but I can't.  Am sure it will come back to bite me on the bum!

Thanks everyone

PS.  If anyone is wondering who this dispicable company are, if you were watching tv on monday night you may have seen a report on a company who sent out a pdi to teach whose pink had run out.  That would be the company i went with!!!!

#6 24-02-10 07:48:02

ADI Education
Verified Member
Website

You have been forced into a corner to a certain extent, however under no circumstances should you take the Part 3 test until you are fully prepared and confident.
My advice would be to have an independent assessment if possible from an former DSA ADI Examiner (if you know of one locally), they will give you an accurate and honest opinion of your ability and test readiness.
Good luck whatever you choose to do.
Jane

I am a former Police Driving Instructor and Ex DSA ADI examiner. My qualifications include: BTEC Level 4 Police Driving Skills, BTEC Level 3 in Teaching Advanced driving, NVQ A1 Assessors awrard, DIAmond advanced test, RoSPA gold, Cardington A. I am a grade 6 DSA Instructor, fleet trained and a Class 1 Police Driver. www.janeclarkedrivinginstructortraining.co.uk

#7 24-02-10 13:29:39

DH

#8 25-02-10 06:53:15

judy_83

Lol.  That would be the one!

#9 25-02-10 13:40:44

venesh

why has that guy gone solo on a trainee? dodgy just like red' illegal

#10 25-02-10 14:42:59

judy_83

Well guys, I am never this lucky.  Got to TC, waited 30 minutes only to discover they had cancelled it!

Haven't lost a life and training company can't complain as it wasn't me that cancelled.  Phew!!!!

Board footer