You are not logged in.

#1 23-02-10 08:54:07

mcculde
Verified Member

1st FLEET CHECK TEST

Hi All
I have my 1st Fleet check test this week and there are a couple of issues that I could do with clarifying.
I have chosen role play.
1. Do you do presentation in the car or in the test centre.
2. During the initial 5- 10 minute assessment what should I do if examiner makes a serious mistake? Do I note it down and mention when I pull in to identify development areas or do I pull over straight away.
thanks in advance

23-02-10 08:54:07

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 1st FLEET CHECK TEST

#2 23-02-10 15:16:01

whodareswins
Verified Member

Re: 1st FLEET CHECK TEST

The Examiner will decide whether he/she wishes the presentation to be done in the vehicle or in a private room in the Test Centre. I did mine in the Test Centre but I know those who have done it in the vehicle.

It is unlikely that the Examiner will make a mistake that requires him/her to be pulled over. The general rule is that you should identify any faults that are made and prioritise them in order of risk. These should be made clear to the Examiner at the end of the initial assessment and when you are parked up. You should work on those areas that present the most risk on the second part of the drive. If there is enough time, by all means mention/discuss other areas that you identified.

I would personally allow more than 5 -10 minutes for the initial drive.

It is highly likely that the main faults will be following too closely, harsh acceleration/braking due to poor forward planning, observations and poor use of mirrors.

Good luck. 

Grade 6 ADI/Fleet Trainer, SAFED Registered Trainer, Qualified BTEC Assessor

Board footer