You are not logged in.

#1 17-02-10 17:40:09

jamboy25

Delayed Success Part 3 2nd Attempt

Had my part 3 today at 8.45am. I was really up for this & to be honest I was not as nervous as the 1st time because I knew what to expect.

Anyway I got PST 4 (Phase 1 Reverse Left & Phase 2 T Junction) Score 2-2. I thought that I done really well & I put 100% effort in & the difference I felt from the 1st time when I knew I failed I felt that I has a good chance of passing when I was waiting on result.

My mistake that I made during the lesson made sense when the SE expalined it. On reverse left the SE kept on stalling & the reason was she had her foot on the break & clutch but I never noticed it. Also she kept on moving the wheel when she was looking at the rear of the car but the reason she was doing this is I never explained all the differnt ways to hold the wheel when reversing (to suit each pupil).

On phase 2 the SE approached the junction to fast & crossed the give way line too fast but I did not stop it from happening I instead discussed it after it happened but I should have prevented it. Also when SE was turning left or right I did not watch the SE for checking mirror before signals as I was concentrated on the junction instead of watching pupil. Lastly we went down a steep hill & the car picked up speed I identified this & asked her to break a little more but what I did not see was the SE was coasting.

Really gutted as I thought I was going to pass & now I have made it harder with the thought of only 1 more more to go. I am even starting to doubt myself if I can do this or not as I really put so much into that test today.

17-02-10 17:40:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Delayed Success Part 3 2nd Attempt

#2 17-02-10 21:54:52

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

Look at it this way..... you now have double the experience to get you throught he next test.. keep going, you're too close to give up now.

Funnily enough, I had a lesson today and had to deliver PST4 Left Reverse. At no point did I have to mention the different ways to hold the wheel? What are they?

Passed Part 1 - 08/12/09. 2nd attempt 99/65
Passed Part 2 - 20/01/10. 1st attempt 'Zero Faults'
Passed Part 3 - 29/06/10. 1st attempt 4 - 5

#3 18-02-10 07:43:40

jamboy25

The SE said that I should have mentioned that she could hold the wheel up & down, side to side or if comfortable she could have used it with one hand. I will keep this going because I cant see myself doing anything else also I have invested too much money & time but when you get told twice that your rubbish you start to get in that spiral.

I know that if I was to do that PST again today then I would nail it but sometimes the SE does things that  are not realistic to a actual pupil. Anyway I want to get this part 3 booked ASAP because I still feel in the zone

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 18-02-10 10:00:28

jay666
Website

I know that if I was to do that PST again today then I would nail it but sometimes the SE does things that are not realistic to a actual pupil.

It may feel like that at the time but everything the examiner puts in are very realistic to a real pupil and theres alot more that they don't put in.

Good luck with your next attempt.

Jay

#5 18-02-10 20:37:15

KevB
Verified Member
Website

I got a 2  for phase 1 on my first attempt. And boy, did I deserve it. Same PST as you. I was a million miles away from being acceptable. At no point did I think I was close to passing whilst waiting for the result.

Invest in a months subscription to aditraining.tv and compare what is being done by the pdi's and what grades they get on their mocks. also take heed of the guidance offered in the training videos.

Then get hold of a decent trainer to help guide you in the skills required to core comp, and be prepared to put some really hard work in before you book your next attempt. Don't go for it until a decent trainer is mock testing you and you are getting 5/5 or better.
Regards, Kev.

#6 18-02-10 21:17:16

jamboy25

Thanks Kev!

Yea I am going to do some classwork work on the 11 March & meet other PDI which I think will be usefull as because I am doing home study there is alot of things I am missing. Also I am going to ask for another trainer not because my original one is not good at what he does because he is great but I think if I have a stranger teaching me I will be out my comfort zone just like in a exam.

I have a few weeks hard work coming up because under no circumstance I am going to go for this test until like you say start scoring 5's or above in mock tests. I feel a little bit better than yesterday & from looking at my first post it looked like I was moaning also I take back what I said about SE not being realistic because after thinking long & hard about my 2 tests she was being as realistic as poss.

So thats it my head is out the sand & here comes the hard work! just a shame its taken me 2 fails for the penny to drop. wink wink wink

#7 19-02-10 12:19:19

quickpass

Sorry to hear of your delayed success, thanks for filling us in with misakes made. Which test center did you take test. Good luck on your next attempt.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 19-02-10 23:05:04

jlo31
Verified Member
Website

I got a 2  for phase 1 on my first attempt. And boy, did I deserve it. Same PST as you. I was a million miles away from being acceptable. At no point did I think I was close to passing whilst waiting for the result.

Invest in a months subscription to aditraining.tv and compare what is being done by the pdi's and what grades they get on their mocks. also take heed of the guidance offered in the training videos.

Then get hold of a decent trainer to help guide you in the skills required to core comp, and be prepared to put some really hard work in before you book your next attempt. Don't go for it until a decent trainer is mock testing you and you are getting 5/5 or better.
Regards, Kev.

I would second Kevin's recomendation about aditraining.tv. I think you will find the vids very helpful.

Good luck

CHeers

Jlo31

RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction
IAM Motorcycle
DSA ADI (Car)
DSA Fleet registered trainer (Grade 5)
www.PrecisionDriverTraining.co.

#9 19-02-10 23:46:36

jamboy25

Thanks Jlo31 I think I am going to try that ADITV I have heard alot of good stuff about it! cheers

Board footer