You are not logged in.

#1 13-02-10 19:45:12

1stcastle

PART 3 EXAMINERS. What are they up to?

Hello to other trainers out there. Just be reading a post regarding a student who past pst3 Phase 1- Turn in rd. In his comments he mentioned the examiner was putting in coasting and corner cut faults. Now we all know that the errors should be related to the subject matter. Cutting corners has nothing to do with it. Is there any trainer out there who can shed some light on this. Also, where would it be marked on the sheet. Oh! and the student has not got confused with phase2.

13-02-10 19:45:12

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: PART 3 EXAMINERS. What are they up to?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 13-02-10 20:28:26

Luchell
Verified Member

Might be a good idea to pop a link so we can read the details before commenting  smile

#3 13-02-10 20:30:04

KevB
Verified Member
Website

candidate has led the examiner down the path and the examiner has followed.

What's required for the pst subject?
Co ordination of controls,,,,,that includes clutch control.

what other control is relevent?  well that would be steering.

my opinion, clutch control and steering ability are both pst related.

#4 13-02-10 21:01:43

colin166
Verified Member

I always thought that the examiner would after giving the word picture say something like "on the way to the site I would like you to correct any other driving faults that you see" which I would have thought would be related to clutch control and steering.

#5 13-02-10 21:35:08

Luchell
Verified Member

I presume this is the thread the OP mentions

http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/fo … 183.0.html

#6 14-02-10 11:18:12

adiwizard
Verified Member

On part 3 the examiner will expect you to see and correct anything else that is wrong, not just the PST. So on the way to the TITR site cutting a corner or coasting should have been picked up and dealt with just as you would with any pupil.

See it, say it, fix it.

#7 14-02-10 12:30:50

driver69

This is all very confusing. I am not a part 3 trainer but when I did my part 3 on my first attempt I pulled the examiner over to correct his clearance to parked vehicles which he was uncomfortably close to. He played along but didn't seem too interested. In the debrief I asked was I correct to pull him on the clearance as there was no mention in his debrief. He could not even remember it and looked up his notes then said it was not related to the PST so was of no concern.

On my 2nd attempt I got pst3 and the faults on the way round to practice area where only pst related, shuffling steering, rough clutch, observation when moving away and so on.

#8 14-02-10 12:39:22

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

Part of the problem is that the perfect driver doesn't exist, so an examiner may get too close to a parked car unintentionally, even though it is not something the candidate is being assessed on (as opposed to deliberately driving too close to a parked car and simulating a clearance fault).

And of course as ADI Education pointed out, candidates for part 3 almost imagine errors.

.phil.
:angel: 

DIA diploma in driving instruction.  DSA registered fleet trainer.  ORDIT registered trainer part's 1, 2, 3 & ORDIT premises inspected.  SAFED trainer and assessor.  RoSPA approved tutor.  Diamond registered advanced instructor.  Diamond qualified advanced examiner. City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS teaching certificate.  IAM advanced test, Diamond advanced test, Diamond special test, Cardington special test, RoSPA gold

Board footer