You are not logged in.

#1 02-02-10 13:48:39

TDW

Part 2 training Advice

I was recently approached by a person who wanted to pass his part two but had already failed twice because he's gone it alone basically. Can I instruct this person in part two as it is more or less like the regular L test except for an extended period and more manouevres.

I am only an ADI and I told him that I wasn't ORDIT registered but he seems keen because his friend passed his L test first attempt with me.

I have already given some Part 3 training (no cost) to a friend who was on her last attempt and she passed after our training session.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Tim

Things fall to pieces so that other things can fall into place.

02-02-10 13:48:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 2 training Advice

#2 02-02-10 14:56:43

nigel
Verified Member

in a word YES you can give training for this

DSA ADI
Fleet trainer, Iam ,Rospa (gold) Tutor. DIAmond Advanced/

#3 02-02-10 15:37:56

on board training

Hi.

There is nothing to stop you doing this but don't be mistaken that the Pt2 is 'more or less like regular L test except for an extended period and more manoeuvres'.

If you are doing 2 or 3 full mock tests for him for the Pt2 then ensure you mark it looking for perfection.

I would only have an instructor doing Pt2 training work if they were consistently getting low single figure first time passes for normal L tests, had conducted training for extended L tests and had low single figure passes and they would need to have their IAM and RoSPA which all helps ensure they have more understanding in not only applying but teaching the system in the drives.

Brian

#4 03-02-10 00:03:54

Adi1234

You can instruct him there is no problem with that. The only thing I will say is the part 2 differs from the L test in some ways. they will use motorways and will expect much more progress. and they will cover all manoeuvres. As long as you cover all that and reach a good standard then there is no problem in taking him on as a client.

#5 03-02-10 08:39:37

TDW

Thanks guys, good points. I didn't mean to generalise the L test and the Part 2 in the same way but it is very similar, prehaps that is a better analysis.

I took the guy out and his forward planning was very poor, so too were his mirrors and gears. This guy has been driving for over 8 years now so I think this shows just how much peoples' driving deteriorates over a short period of time.

He has been with TIC and because he has already had two failed attempts at the part two they have told him that they cannot do any more for him until he gets through that...... I found that the instructor college were quite helpful but then again I went through the lot more or less first time with only a hiccup for turning up late due to really bad traffic for part 2.......my fault partly.

I can only help him, I certainly cannot hinder him and we have started making good progress already. I am confident I can help him as one of my friends who I originally trained with at TIC was on her third attempt at part 3 and asked for some help. I tokk her out on the Sunday for 2.5 hours (no charge) and cleaned up most of her faults. She passed with a 5/4 on the following Tuesday. She had previously been training with an Instructor trainer as well as TIC. I am not saying I got her through but I must say that her trainer mustn't have been too good considering her initial performance.

Thanks
Tim.

#6 11-02-10 16:53:55

TDW

After picking this guy up for a second lesson today, I am quite convinced that what he actually needs is to start at square one and go through the whole procedure of learning to drive again.....!!! He doesn't plan ahead, he doesn't observe on approach to jnc's, he selects the wrong gears, really is a sad state of affairs.

And if that isn't bad enough, when he got into the car today, he told me that he'd been run into whilst out in his own car earlier in the day. He then asked if I would give him and invoice to say that he'd missed todays' lesson so that he could pass it through his insurance as part of his claim..... Yeah, right mate cos I work for the DSA ultimately and I want to be responsible for helping to defraud an insurance company.......!!! I think this pupil is binned.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 11-02-10 17:04:46

KevB
Verified Member
Website

Hi TDW,

I'm a bit confused, are you an ADI or an examiner?
"cos I work for the DSA " is somewhat misleading to members of the public.

You may be approved by the DSA, but unless you are on their payroll, you do not work for them.

To say you work for the DSA could be construed as misrepresentation.

#8 11-02-10 17:06:57

TDW

Well Kevin, I see where you are coming from but ultimately we are licenced by the DSA, which for me means that we shouldn't do anything, which could come back on us, right?

But yeah, I see what you mean fella. wink

#9 11-02-10 17:33:56

DH

You are tolerated by the dsa.

You are employed by your pupil.

You are working for the bank.

So am I.   big_smile

#10 11-02-10 20:45:35

TDW

Either way, what he was suggesting is immoral and corrupt.

Board footer