You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#76 06-02-10 14:18:16

la.monikita
Verified Member

Re: Suzuki swift

I just had to come on and reminisce, 4 years this May I've had mine and i still love it to pieces  lol lol

How many miles on the clock now? No problems other than alternator?

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

06-02-10 14:18:16

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#77 06-02-10 16:53:28

KevB
Verified Member
Website

I just had to come on and reminisce, 4 years this May I've had mine and i still love it to pieces  lol lol

even the pieces that have fallen off

#78 06-02-10 18:59:20

Luchell
Verified Member

Every single last piece  lol Just kidding, nearly 70,000 now on the clock. The alternator went and was sorted under warranty, had the brake pads sorted under warranty thanks to the noise of them, the car itself has been quite well behaved. Sadly the dealership seemed to try it's best but was badly let down by EVERY single time ordering parts for a petrol version where I'm the 'Only' diesel swift driving instructor (Hum me thinks they just didn't think when ordering AT ALL) IF they had gotten in the correct parts anytime i had an issue i would have been back on the road quite quickly but as it happens they never seemed to get it quite right  neutral  roll 

Since the warranty's ended I've stuck to using my more local guys who i have to say are brilliant although fingers crossed i haven't had to go to them for anything more major than tyres/service, brake warning light, brake pads all done no probs asap as expected. I appreciate when the cars alternator went bye byes the dealership i was exclusively using for servicing didn't have a replacement to hand. The issue was the parts that did arrive just were NOT the correct ones for my car which can be a pain in the arse if theres no dual control car available which theres not at my local one.

I would have another in a heartbeat, they may not be as 'advanced' as the nice new fiesta but there's just something about them i love. What i would say though is stay clear if you have local rats, they have a real thing for the taste of Swift washer bottle tubing tio the point where Kev had to replace it daily!!!!!!!!!!!

#79 06-02-10 19:48:41

la.monikita
Verified Member

I don't really like any other cars then maybe yaris, or panda cross, both of which are expensive and there are no deals on them. I'm thinking of suing Vauxhall too. It's just too much too bare, and I could go bankrupt because of them.

Abraham Maslow

#80 07-02-10 21:24:21

michaelat50
Verified Member

hi all i teach in a swift its a great little car and pupils love it got the 1.5 glx dual controls fitted as part of package only trouble got a white one because all the other adi`s in the area had blue or red wanted to be different pain to keep clean that`s the only problem with it would reccomend it Michael

#81 07-02-10 22:21:24

la.monikita
Verified Member

hi all i teach in a swift its a great little car and pupils love it got the 1.5 glx dual controls fitted as part of package only trouble got a white one because all the other adi`s in the area had blue or red wanted to be different pain to keep clean that`s the only problem with it would reccomend it Michael

How long have you had it, and how many miles on yours? If it's a recent purchase did you get the unlimited mileage warranty?

Abraham Maslow

#82 09-02-10 11:26:30

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

To those whose Swift had a clutch requiring attention - what were the warning signs that clutch trouble was imminent?

I love my teensy Swift but after 12 months & 50,000+ km's, the biting point is a little higher up the pedal travel and I fear this might be a sign of problems to come.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#83 09-02-10 23:02:51

la.monikita
Verified Member

Hey Zipper, if it's the diesel version the clutch and dual mass fly wheel are very expensive in the UK £1k. I know from the one I changed in my corsa it would have lasted for 90k Miles! Again based on the experience of my car it has a self adjusting clutch, hydraulic I believe. 100k in kms is only 62.5k miles it should easily last that long. Unless you allow your pupils to bite for too long unnecessarily.

I'm getting a RED Swift. I like the little pocket rocket! 2 Red Suzukis Bike and car big_smile

Abraham Maslow

#84 10-02-10 10:14:10

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Thanks mon,
I'm one of the few instructors down here who bother to have a dual clutch (and accelerator) fitted, apart from the ability to demonstrate from the passenger seat and to help the newbies through lights without too much embarrassment, "saving my clutch" is also a bif factor.

I've read a lot abot the Swift's clutch being a weak point on this forum so it's possible that I'm being a wee bit paranoid and that clutch travel hasn't changed at all.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer